No entry fees , no C.I. motor limit , no tire rule any brand ,pay heat race money,tow money ,give out free tires , down to earth racer runs it who is fare and everybody likes him
Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series RulesThe BOSS tour has been designed to bring back old school “outlaw” racing where drivers are encouraged to bring their cars out without having to worry about membership fees, tire rules, and weight rules
. The following guidelines are being put in place and will be enforced by series officials. BOSS reserves the right to add, delete or modify rules as is necessary for the betterment of the series, however, ample notification of changes will be made on the website and to all our current drivers. By participating in an event, drivers, owners, and crew members agree to abide by these rules and those rules established during the drivers meetings at each event.
The rules set forth herein are designed to provide orderly racing events and to establish the acceptable requirements for these events. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF, OR COMPLIANCE WITH, THES RULES. Participants shall have no claim against, or cause of action for damages, expenses, or otherwise, against BOSS, its officials, sponsors, or promoters.
1) The BOSS series has elected not to insult its participants with registration fees. Every driver who competes in a BOSS event will earn points toward the championship. In the true “outlaw” fashion, any driver from any series is welcome to run with BOSS as long as they meet the requirements in the following rules. Conversely, BOSS will NOT penalize drivers for participating in other events.
B) The Cars
1) All cars racing with BOSS must be a traditional sprint car appearing machine. Cars must be of an upright design with the roll cage of the 4 post/4 point design. No offset motors! The engine must sit directly in front of the driver. The driveline must pass through the cockpit with the driver straddling the driveline.
2) Steel driveline hoops are mandatory.
3) No onboard computers or computer adjustable devices are allowed.
4) No mirrors, no radios, no communication devices of any kind allowed.
5) No bodywork can extend beyond the front torsion tubes. No “wings” of any kind permitted anywhere on the car. Nerf bars cannot extend beyond the tires.
6) BOSS officials reserve the right to make bodywork that does not meet the spirit of sprint car racing, be removed or altered prior to being allowed to compete.
7) Teams are responsible for having legible numbers on BOTH sides of the fuel tank and on the front nose of the car. Keep in mind we will have scorers at some tracks helping us out who do not typically score wingless sprints. Please make your numbers easy for scorers and fans to read.
8) Fuel Cell with fuel bladder is required on all cars.
C) The Engines
1) Only normally aspirated engines are allowed. No turbochargers, no superchargers, and no forced air induction of any kind is permitted.
2) No big block engines allowed.
3) Only one spark plug per cylinder allowed.
4) Methanol fuel ONLY! No additives of any kind allowed!
5) Absolutely no traction control devices of any kind are permitted. Anything BOSS officials feel could be a traction control device is subject to being confiscated and being sent off for testing. Any items would be returned to the car owner. If found to be using traction control, the team owner and driver will be suspended for one year from BOSS competition.
D) SUGGESTED safety equipment
1) Drivers who choose to participate in BOSS events will ultimately be responsible for their own safety equipment. The sprint car level of competition is serious and advanced enough that drivers are aware of the risks and should be well enough prepared to take the necessary safety precautions. The following are suggested safety equipment with mandatory minimums noted.
2) Drivers are required to use a full face racing helmet. Snell approved helmets that are less than 3 years old are suggested.
3) Flame Retardant driving suits are required. BOSS suggests a minimum 2 layer suit, and a 3 layer suit of one piece design if possible.
4) The use of approved fire retardant underwear (tops and bottoms) as well as socks and head socks are also strongly encouraged.
5) Driving shoes of flame retardant material are encouraged.
6) Driving gloves are required and no driver will be permitted on the track without them.
7) High back racing seats are required with a minimum of 4 bolts mounting the seat to the frame.
8) Seat belts should be the 5 point design and we encourage the use of belts that are less than 2 years old.
9) Head and Neck restraints are NOT mandatory, but are strongly encouraged.
10) The use of a rock screen and roll bar padding are strongly encouraged.
11) All cars are subject to BOSS inspection for safety reasons and BOSS reserves the right to limit any cars participation if there is a safety concern.