Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:57 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Lincoln- The last four outlaw races have been won by a Posse driver. An Outlaw last won at Lincoln in 1997 when Mark Kinser crossed the line first. Even though it looks like the Outlaws are due, I'll say the Posse takes it, with Montieth picking up the victory. He went from 15th to 7th in the May show and he's been running in the front lately, so I think he punches through and takes the W.

Grove (Friday)- Last time the Outlaws were here, weather was a factor for track prep which made starting position an absolute premium on the opening night. Might be wishful thinking on my part, but I think PA takes this show as well. I'll go with the guy who's coming off an incredible Speedweek performance, and usually times well (especially lately). I think Lucas Wolfe takes home the checkered flag and pushes the Posse to a 2-0 lead for the weekend.

Grove (Saturday)- This is the big paying show and the everyone will be chomping at the bit for the payday. The Outlaws cant be shut out for the weekend, can they? Stevie Smith and his car have been on fire lately, but I say no. Hodnett almost always puts up a good showing at the Grove, but I don't think so. Pittman used the Grove last time to propel him to a four race win streak... not this time. Alas, I get the feeling its going to be the guy who leads the WoO points at this current juncture. Donny Schatz.

I forgot to add, who are you guys picking?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:25 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Montieth finished second in his heat and didnt make the dash, I think that sunk my pick for the night. Time will tell....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:57 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Dang, one spot off. 2nd. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:12 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

That was a good pick Bernie.

Unfortuently for montieth, he showed his cards a bit too early to Pittman, cause when he caught him and actually passed him, Pittman reacted and went to the top as well. Heck of a run by the edge yet again, as well as an impressive run from Pittman. Yea, he won from the front row, but he had to earn that victory over those 35 laps. Great night for the "quiet" locals too. Hogue, Seigle and krimes. Did'nt expect much from Billy Dietrich but he timed in the perfect spot giving him the pole in the heat which got him in the show. I'm sure he was happy with that.

And why was'nt Grasso's pit guys in the infield? He might have been the only other car to give Pittman a race.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:27 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

racehead wrote:

Unfortuently for montieth, he showed his cards a bit too early to Pittman, cause when he caught him and actually passed him, Pittman reacted and went to the top as well. Heck of a run by the edge yet again, as well as an impressive run from Pittman. Yea, he won from the front row, but he had to earn that victory over those 35 laps. Great night for the "quiet" locals too. Hogue, Seigle and krimes. Did'nt expect much from Billy Dietrich but he timed in the perfect spot giving him the pole in the heat which got him in the show. I'm sure he was happy with that.

And why was'nt Grasso's pit guys in the infield? He might have been the only other car to give Pittman a race.

Way I see it is its a bunch of crap work area was in the infield. not all of our locals have a 15K Mule to bring all their parts over spare wing etc..

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 8
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:00 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Shuey21 wrote:
racehead wrote:

Way I see it is its a bunch of crap work area was in the infield. not all of our locals have a 15K Mule to bring all their parts over spare wing etc..

I find it hard to believe that Grasso and his crew did not know where the work area was to be located. You do not need a 15K mule to bring the necessary parts from the trailer to the work area, so that argument is weak. I know for a fact that Hodnett, Krimes, MacIntyre, Haas, etc.do not have 15K mules, but they were prepared in the infield.

This was a very hard lesson learned by Grasso. :ahhhh:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:01 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Shuey21 wrote:
racehead wrote:

I know some of our locals don't have the mules the circus have, but they all have 4 wheelers to bring over a tire or two, air tank and a guage. Those are the "must have's" on standby for any feature event. No reason the crew could'nt have walked over before the race with those basic essentials. They stated that loud and clear in the drivers meeting. Maybe he and crew forgot, but unlilkely.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I HATE to say this, It makes me sick:: Fri. Pittman & Sat. Schatz. The posse don't look as strong this year. Prove me wrong boys, I hate the woo.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:39 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I'am glad I was wrong tonight!!! I hope I'am wrong tomorrow night also!!! GO POSSE!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:48 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I'am glad I was wrong both nights, Schatz had me worried. Great job PA. Posse!!!!