Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lucas Wolfe
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:30 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

There are some hardcore sprint car fans in my inner circle who have been commenting lately about Lucas' time trialing ability, they seem to think there might be something funny going on, I have been the only one who didn't want to go there but now I'm beginning to think there may be something to it. It don't seem to matter who the competition is, he always seems to have the ability to set fast time no matter when he comes out and his time is usually quite a bit better than anyone else's. One of our gang said that you can move the transponder somehow to trick the clock, believe me I hope I'm wrong but after tonight at the Grove I'm beginning to wonder.

Post subject: Re: Lucas Wolfe
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:59 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

The only way you could trick the clock would be moving the transponder during your lap. Cant see how you could do that :thinking:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:16 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Correct. There is absolutely nothing funny going on with transponders. The transponders are mounted as far front on the sprint cars as possible which means even if the car comes across the loop sideways, it would not better the time. Transponders are handed out randomly as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:31 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

This is up there for stupidest thread of the year. Are these same "hardcore" fans saying Joey Saldana, who's set 18 quick times this year with the Outlaws, is doing that as well?

2011: 21
2010: 28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:24 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:lame:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:54 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Zemco car has always been good at time trialing, no matter who the driver. My guess is they have a pretty strong motor.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:17 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

He always timed good, Maybe he's just extra hot right now. It would be very hard to cheat with the transponders, Maybe they found something else.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:53 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

DirtHawk wrote:
This is up there for stupidest thread of the year. Are these same "hardcore" fans saying Joey Saldana, who's set 18 quick times this year with the Outlaws, is doing that as well?

First of all don't mock me for saying I'm hardcore, I've been going to the races since the 70's, secondly you talk like nobody in sprint car racing ever cheats, why do you think they have tech inspectors??? And finally I'm entitled to my opinion, just because you don't agree with it don't make me stupid so back off!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:54 am 
Rookie
Rookie

tripod16652 wrote:
DirtHawk wrote:

First of all don't mock me for saying I'm hardcore, I've been going to the races since the 70's, secondly you talk like nobody in sprint car racing ever cheats, why do you think they have tech inspectors??? And finally I'm entitled to my opinion, just because you don't agree with it don't make me stupid so back off!!!

They have a 9v battery connected to a magnet on the backside of the transponder it amplifies the signal by 10 feet. :laughing7:

On a more serious note, did you ever count how many other Schnee cars are on the track? :poking:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:21 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Radius Rod wrote:
tripod16652 wrote:
DirtHawk wrote:

They have a 9v battery connected to a magnet on the backside of the transponder it amplifies the signal by 10 feet. :laughing7:

On a more serious note, did you ever count how many other Schnee cars are on the track? :poking:

Kody lehman in the 358s :cheers2:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:07 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I love these Fox News conspiracy theories!! ...........and your winner tonight LANCE DEWEASE!! Another PA Posse victory as per usual!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:40 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

yep, look for another angle. the location of the transponder only matters during racing if cars have them mounted at different locations. even if they're mounted at different locations for time trials it doesn't matter. each car is only racing against itself for those two laps. if lucas has his mounted to an arm that he can pull back before taking the green and extend just before completing the lap then it's possible but unless everyone in the pits is blind, not probable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:07 pm 
Legend
Legend

there are at least 2 ways to "trick" the transponder that i know of......thats all im gonna say about that. BUT there are a TON of ways to go fast for 2 laps....some are in the "grey" area......some are just basic common sense....some are borderline unsafe....how fast do ya wanna go?
as far as saldana, he has always been an excellent time trialer and he said in an interview, the trick is to not fight the car. if you gotta throw it around or compensate for it in any way, you time slow....try and let the car go where it wants and it keeps the speed and momentum up resulting in nice lap times.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:07 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

well they say that the cheaters are always ahead in any game. since i run one of the scoring systems in the area i'd be interested to know what we might have to start looking for to keep a level playing field if you'd be willing to pm me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:51 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

When you are qualifying, you are the only car on the speedway and in my opinion, I think that has a lot to do with Lucas qualifying so well.