Renegade Series at Port?

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Renegade Series at Port?

Post by MKG1188 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:23 pm

I was just looking over the Renegade Schedule and noticed three dates listed as TBD. The first is April 25th. Last year the Weikert Memorial was run on the 26th of April. The other dates listed as TBD are September 11th and 12th. These should be the dates for the Tuscarora 50 weekend. Seems like more than a coincidence that these dates are exactly when the All Star sanctioned races would scheduled be at Port this year.

The Toolmaker
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Renegade Series at Port?

Post by The Toolmaker » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:10 pm

"Other national and regional touring sprint car groups are slated to appear with more definitive information regarding those shows yet to be announced." Just released on the PR web site!!!!!!!!!!

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:15 pm

With Attica and a couple other OH speedweek tracks switching to the Renegades, I think the All-stars are done. Not to mention the fact that they have 0 cars committed to running the whole series right now. I think if you are Port, you gotta make the move(Lincoln and WG too).
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:20 pm

According to a guy on facebook that is on Ports management it's not going to happen.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:53 pm

That's a mistake on their part. The renegades have 12 commits and the all-stars have zero. I realize that not all 12 are likely to race the full schedule but I just can't see how the all-stars are gonna survive with no cars. I'll never miss the 50 sanctioned or unsanctioned, although it's nicer to have it sanctioned. The Weikert race I'll probably skip if it's just the locals.

winged_thunder
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by winged_thunder » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:50 pm

I think you'll see it happen. They're just trying to keep it a secret for now.

Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by 4600 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:01 am

All your questions will be answered shortly so just relax. Central Pa has some of the best promoters anywhere so let them do their job.

MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by MKG1188 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:41 am

Part of the fun of following a sport is speculating on things that may be happening. I saw an interesting note on the IBRACN website this morning. The guy that runs the site states that he has a source telling him the All Star series has been sold. IF this is correct it could change things. I am VERY curious to see who the new owner(s) is/are. I believe they would have a major uphill battle with the Renegade and NSL series. Should be interesting.

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:47 pm

MKG1188 wrote:Part of the fun of following a sport is speculating on things that may be happening. I saw an interesting note on the IBRACN website this morning. The guy that runs the site states that he has a source telling him the All Star series has been sold. IF this is correct it could change things. I am VERY curious to see who the new owner(s) is/are. I believe they would have a major uphill battle with the Renegade and NSL series. Should be interesting.
Just read the same thing, first thing that came to my mind was, what exactly is there left of the All Star series to buy, lol...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:14 pm

MKG1188 wrote:Part of the fun of following a sport is speculating on things that may be happening. I saw an interesting note on the IBRACN website this morning. The guy that runs the site states that he has a source telling him the All Star series has been sold. IF this is correct it could change things. I am VERY curious to see who the new owner(s) is/are. I believe they would have a major uphill battle with the Renegade and NSL series. Should be interesting.
A portion of the all-star shares(owned by Jean Lynch) were sold to Rob Hunter(owner of the 10H) from what I understand. Webb still owns the majority of the shares but I guess he never paid up to some of the share holders, surprise surprise! I have no idea why Hunter would make this move considering his car and driver(Kemenah) are firmly behind the renegades. It makes no sense unless they are just trying to buy out the all-star name.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:17 pm

JTR13 wrote:
Just read the same thing, first thing that came to my mind was, what exactly is there left of the All Star series to buy, lol...
Exactly!

dsc1600
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by dsc1600 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Keep in mind Webb has run the series into the ground and they had 1 guy basically in their camp this offseason. Despite that, they got 45 dates scheduled, and I believe own the rights to ohio speedweek. It's valuable for the brand name. If someone capable was running that series, it could be pretty lucrative.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:05 pm

dsc1600 wrote:Keep in mind Webb has run the series into the ground and they had 1 guy basically in their camp this offseason. Despite that, they got 45 dates scheduled, and I believe own the rights to ohio speedweek. It's valuable for the brand name. If someone capable was running that series, it could be pretty lucrative.
Yeah they have Ohio Speedweek but the Renegades are having their own speedweek the same week if im not mistaken, and they got Attica and another track don't remember off the top of my head Wayne County maybe for it. They had Allstar speedweek shows.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

Cobra
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Cobra » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:53 am

My guess is that the nsl and renegades have collectively purchased the all star name and will divide up the all star dates between them..

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:27 am

Shuey21 wrote:
dsc1600 wrote:Keep in mind Webb has run the series into the ground and they had 1 guy basically in their camp this offseason. Despite that, they got 45 dates scheduled, and I believe own the rights to ohio speedweek. It's valuable for the brand name. If someone capable was running that series, it could be pretty lucrative.
Yeah they have Ohio Speedweek but the Renegades are having their own speedweek the same week if im not mistaken, and they got Attica and another track don't remember off the top of my head Wayne County maybe for it. They had Allstar speedweek shows.
Yeah the Attica, Wayne County and Atomic OH speedweek dates are now sanctioned by the Renegades, not the All-stars. That has to be a major blow for the ASCoC I would think.