Renegade Series at Port?

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member

Re: Renegade Series at Port?

Post by Warthog » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:00 am

dsc1600 wrote:Keep in mind Webb has run the series into the ground and they had 1 guy basically in their camp this offseason. Despite that, they got 45 dates scheduled, and I believe own the rights to ohio speedweek. It's valuable for the brand name. If someone capable was running that series, it could be pretty lucrative.
If the Renegades or some other promoter was sharp, they'd lock up the rights and web domain for "Ohio SPRINT Week" ASAP. Close enough to make it an easy shift in advertising, as well as in people's memory and consciousness, and it describes the product just as well as Speed Week does.
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Love how everyone is excited to bring in a bunch of drivers under a new name that does nothing but cost the fans extra money in admission. These drivers where not competitive under the ASCoC name, and wont be competitive under a new name. Same Sh!t in a new package is still sh!t.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Bill Mc wrote:Love how everyone is excited to bring in a bunch of drivers under a new name that does nothing but cost the fans extra money in admission. These drivers where not competitive under the ASCoC name, and wont be competitive under a new name. Same Sh!t in a new package is still sh!t.
More drivers, and Dale Blaney isn't competitive? Or Holtgraver and Kemenah?
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by MKG1188 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Bill Mc wrote:Love how everyone is excited to bring in a bunch of drivers under a new name that does nothing but cost the fans extra money in admission. These drivers where not competitive under the ASCoC name, and wont be competitive under a new name. Same Sh!t in a new package is still sh!t.

Funny...I wonder if this is how the people in the Midwest or Ohio feel about our locals when they compete on tracks that they lack experience at? I happen to enjoy watching drivers from different regions race in our area and have no problem paying a couple extra dollars to have them here. The nice thing the Renegade schedule has going for it is that they are competing against our drivers on tracks that the PA guys don't get to see every week. I'm hoping that these races are very competitive and that we'll have a new rivalry to enjoy.

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:04 am

Higher admission and sanctioned races also means our locals are running for more money too. I have no issue with that.
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:23 am

Im fine with that as well Brent as long as that admission represents the quality of drivers at that race. Charging $20+ to see an All Star or in this case Renegade show does not equal up. Im sorry but when your bringing 3 cars to Central PA as a traveling series and only 1 has half a chance to win its not worth the increase in price. Will it be better with the Renegade series? Maybe, time will tell, but am i wrong with the fact that their races are paying less to win? Yeah seems like a great deal for us fans.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by MKG1188 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Bill Mc wrote:Im fine with that as well Brent as long as that admission represents the quality of drivers at that race. Charging $20+ to see an All Star or in this case Renegade show does not equal up. Im sorry but when your bringing 3 cars to Central PA as a traveling series and only 1 has half a chance to win its not worth the increase in price. Will it be better with the Renegade series? Maybe, time will tell, but am i wrong with the fact that their races are paying less to win? Yeah seems like a great deal for us fans.

Why complain? You aren't being forced to support the show. Don't go to their event if you don't believe they are worth the dollars. The size of the crowd will let the promoters know if they made the correct decision.

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:47 pm

I don't care if they bring ANY cars, as long as the teams are still racing for more money. AND my favorite part of it , MORE LAPS ! :yessss:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

topwing66$
Rookie
Rookie

Post by topwing66$ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:10 pm

MKG1188 wrote:

Funny...I wonder if this is how the people in the Midwest or Ohio feel about our locals when they compete on tracks that they lack experience at? I happen to enjoy watching drivers from different regions race in our area and have no problem paying a couple extra dollars to have them here. The nice thing the Renegade schedule has going for it is that they are competing against our drivers on tracks that the PA guys don't get to see every week. I'm hoping that these races are very competitive and that we'll have a new rivalry to enjoy.

Very Good point MK! It will be interesting to see who comes out on top at the end of the year after the Renegades have departed PA. Although the Posse are more familiar with the tracks that they will race at, the list of names on the Renegades roster definately will not lay down without a fight.

taurus014
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by taurus014 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:11 pm

All Stars it is. Plus, the Weikert Memorial on April 25th will be 40 laps and $15,000 to win.

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:06 pm

taurus014 wrote:All Stars it is. Plus, the Weikert Memorial on April 25th will be 40 laps and $15,000 to win.
Did the rumored sale of the All-Stars factor into the decision to keep the Weikert Memorial an All-Star sanctioned show? Just curious.

taurus014
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by taurus014 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:19 pm

I honestly don't have any inside information. I received the press release from Shawn early this morning and it's now on their website. I do know that Port announced last season that this year's Weikert Memorial was paying $15,000 to win and was going to be 40-laps so they are keeping that. I guess whatever happens, happens. Obviously any Renegade driver is more than welcome to race that night as well as the T-50 per All Star rules.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Yeah they're welcome too but they aren't going to support an allstar event. Big money race for the locals :yessss:
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:48 pm

But you have no problem paying the SAME admission for a speedweek show without those "uncompetitive" drivers like Blaney, Shaffer, Kemenah, Holtgraver and Haudenschild, etc. Sheesh, talk about a homer! There's good drivers everywhere and it's great whenever we can add them to our local tracks. Get off the porch for once.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:54 pm

Shuey21 wrote:Yeah they're welcome too but they aren't going to support an allstar event. Big money race for the locals :yessss:
Yeah and the ASCoC sanction means what? Maybe 1 extra car? I'd be surprised if the All-stars still exist when that date rolls around. I can't believe that Port is still drinking Guy Webb's Kool-Aid, WG and Lincoln too. You can't have a series with no cars people! Right now the renegades have them and the All-stars don't.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.