Renegade Series at Port?

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
winged_thunder
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Renegade Series at Port?

Post by winged_thunder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:01 pm

hotrodney wrote:
Shuey21 wrote:Yeah they're welcome too but they aren't going to support an allstar event. Big money race for the locals :yessss:
Yeah and the ASCoC sanction means what? Maybe 1 extra car? I'd be surprised if the All-stars still exist when that date rolls around. I can't believe that Port is still drinking Guy Webb's Kool-Aid, WG and Lincoln too. You can't have a series with no cars people! Right now the renegades have them and the All-stars don't.

Agreed. Poor decision on their part.

MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by MKG1188 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Just read on the ibracn website that the All-Star series is very close to being sold to TSR (Tony Stewart Racing). The guy that runs the site states that he is always a bit skeptical when Tony's name is involved but he believes he has some very good sources on this one. I also noticed a tweet that the All-Stars just scheduled a new event and Tony Stewart will be present to sign autographs. The rumor also states that there will be some cooperation between the new All-Star ownership and the Renegade series. This all makes sense with some of the info I've read concerning the Port schedule. I guess we'll know for sure in the near future.

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:08 pm

I wondered what would happen if the All Stars were sold to a different owner. It seems most just had a problem with Guy Webb, and that's why the Renegades were started in the first place. That's why when I saw that Port was sticking with them, I sort of figured it had to be because there was going to be a newer, more reasonable owner. I wonder what the future holds for the two groups. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:53 am

hotrodney wrote:
Bill Mc wrote:Love how everyone is excited to bring in a bunch of drivers under a new name that does nothing but cost the fans extra money in admission. These drivers where not competitive under the ASCoC name, and wont be competitive under a new name. Same Sh!t in a new package is still sh!t.
But you have no problem paying the SAME admission for a speedweek show without those "uncompetitive" drivers like Blaney, Shaffer, Kemenah, Holtgraver and Haudenschild, etc. Sheesh, talk about a homer! There's good drivers everywhere and it's great whenever we can add them to our local tracks. Get off the porch for once.
WRONG!!! I dont attend any speedweek shows. Not really fond of races won off the front row.

And to make myself just a little bit clearer on this subject, I stopped attending All Star races as soon as I heard Webb wasn't paying the drivers the point money. Unlike most race fans I stick up for my local drivers by not giving promoters my money when they screw them over. Could just imagine what would happen and be said if i did thesame thing to the 358 teams. Guess you could say i hated Webb before it was cool to hate web. Sometimes its hard being a trailblazer but hey i enjoy the view of being by myself.
Now go on with your day. Hope its a good one. :cheers2:
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:55 am

hotrodney wrote:
Bill Mc wrote:Love how everyone is excited to bring in a bunch of drivers under a new name that does nothing but cost the fans extra money in admission. These drivers where not competitive under the ASCoC name, and wont be competitive under a new name. Same Sh!t in a new package is still sh!t.
But you have no problem paying the SAME admission for a speedweek show without those "uncompetitive" drivers like Blaney, Shaffer, Kemenah, Holtgraver and Haudenschild, etc. Sheesh, talk about a homer! There's good drivers everywhere and it's great whenever we can add them to our local tracks. Get off the porch for once.
WRONG!!! I dont attend any speedweek shows. Not really fond of races won off the front row.

And to make myself just a little bit clearer on this subject, I stopped attending All Star races as soon as I heard Webb wasn't paying the drivers the point money. Unlike most race fans I stick up for my local drivers by not giving promoters my money when they screw them over. Could just imagine what would happen and be said if i did thesame thing to the 358 teams. Guess you could say i hated Webb before it was cool to hate web. Sometimes its hard being a trailblazer but hey i enjoy the view of being by myself.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Bill Mc wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

You missed my point Bill. My point was that the local tracks charge $20-22 for a 5G to win for a speedweek OR an All-star/Renegades show. For my money I'd rather have those extra cars in the field! It's not my concern whether the series welches on their point fund money or not so long as I see a good show. I know you don't care for TT shows and I can respect that, but it's the only way you can do it fairly with the evenness of the cars today. You gotta roll with the new! Still better than sitting at home and watching Seinfeld re-runs.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.