RENEGADES / ALL-STARS TO BE ONE?

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

RENEGADES / ALL-STARS TO BE ONE?

Post by MKG1188 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Saw on ibracn.com that the Renegades have called a meeting with their drivers today. The "strong rumor" has the two series combining. Also states that the announcement probably won't be made until after the Florida races. With Tony Stewart's rumored involvement this could be a formidable partnership and series going forward.

bagger
Rookie
Rookie

Re: RENEGADES / ALL-STARS TO BE ONE?

Post by bagger » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:55 pm

It was just announced that Sharon Speedway has set up 2 All-Star dates-one of them a $10,000 to win show.I guess Tony's involvement has had an effect!
:yessss:

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:23 pm

That would be the best possible outcome but what about the schedule conflicts? When a car owner who is pledged to the renegades buys up some all-star stocks, I kinda figured this may be in the works. I just hope the PA(and other) tracks who scheduled the Renegades on dates that were traditionally All-star shows elsewhere don't get screwed.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:33 pm

If all this works out maybe Lincoln, the Grove and Port were smarter than some have been thinking. As I said in a post before they could afford to wait on things to shake out because they could pay the purse and make their races successful with or without sanction.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:17 pm

If this happens then the tracks that booked the renegades most likely get screwed.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

Rookie
Rookie

Post by 3799 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:16 pm

I wouldn't say they get screwed. They had a choice and went with Renegade. Sucks to be them now. The tracks who stayed loyal to the All-Stars will come out the winners in this deal. Wonder if people still think those tracks are crazy for staying with the All-Stars?

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:07 pm

3799 wrote:I wouldn't say they get screwed. They had a choice and went with Renegade. Sucks to be them now. The tracks who stayed loyal to the All-Stars will come out the winners in this deal. Wonder if people still think those tracks are crazy for staying with the All-Stars?
They were lucky. A few weeks ago I don't think anyone would have thought a series with 12 committed drivers would lose out to a series with 1 (maybe) and an owner that everyone hates, but...Smoke to the rescue. It is good that we only have one regional series and hopefully this will make the All-Stars stronger.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Warthog » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:48 pm

3799 wrote:I wouldn't say they get screwed. They had a choice and went with Renegade. Sucks to be them now. The tracks who stayed loyal to the All-Stars will come out the winners in this deal. Wonder if people still think those tracks are crazy for staying with the All-Stars?
I've not seen the article, but is there some reason to assume that given a conflict the All-Star booking is the one that will be kept? It sounds like most of the teams committed to the Renegade schedule, not the All-Stars.
Last edited by Warthog on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!

Rookie
Rookie

Post by 3799 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:03 am

Tracks knew for sometime there was something in the works. Guess the tracks that jumped to Renegade chose not to believe in what was coming and they drank the Renegade KoolAid.

Everybody wants to say Tony Stewart bought the All-Stars. He is not the sole person behind the sale. He is involved, but not by himself.

MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by MKG1188 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:16 am

This is the latest from IBRACN.com

OFFER MADE...UPDATE #4
1/26/2015
UPDATE #4 - STRONG RUMOR - (1-26-15 @ 8:25 pm CST) - I've been told that the Renegades did have a meeting last Saturday to discuss what is going on in sprint car racing in Ohio, specifically the All-Stars and Renegades. The group was told that not much can be said until Tony Stewart and Roger Slack make the announcement regarding the purchase of the All-Stars. I do know (or my sources do know) that the Renegade Sprint Series will be blended in with the All-Stars in some way or fashion. From what I hear, the announcement is very close to being released...as stated previously. It appears that making sure the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed on the paperwork is what is keeping the announcement from being released....thanks to Guy Webb. So, all is looking up for the future of the All-Stars.

Interested to see how the schedule works out. I can't imagine they'll let all the Renegade dates just disappear. Hopefully they can work most of them in with the All-Star schedule. Might be a lot (too much?) of traveling for some of these teams.

Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by 4600 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:37 am

Here's something to think about....All the tracks that ran 410's weekly stayed with the All Stars except for Attica and none of the tracks that booked the Renegades had a Outlaw show in 2015 except for Attica.

bagger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bagger » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:02 am

4600 wrote:Here's something to think about....All the tracks that ran 410's weekly stayed with the All Stars except for Attica and none of the tracks that booked the Renegades had a Outlaw show in 2015 except for Attica.
As late as Attica came in,you've got to believe they already knew where things were going. Also,add Mercer,Pa. to the All Star slate. A 2-DAY event July 4th and 5th!

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:29 am

According to the article on Eldora's website, Tony has come to an agreement with the Renedgade series to merge and all race under the All Star banner, so it doesn't seem to matter if a track booked All Star events or if they booked Renegade events, sounds like everyone will get the best (and worst) of both all in one... I only say worst because I personally am not a fan of any of the traveling series, I prefer to just see locals...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

NCSrfsh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NCSrfsh » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 am

From what I read about the deal this a win win for sprint car racing. Looks like they have worked it out so no one gets "screwed". I know someone is going to find a negative with this. I don't see it. Thank you Tony!

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:46 am

Selinsgrove sure has been dealt a bad hand. First the Club vs the Company, now the Renegades vs the Allstars. Hope they can keep the dates given by the Renegades. May not be able to finalize a schedule for some time with all this confusion.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain