Cody Darrah

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Cody Darrah

Post by Bernie Lomax » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:53 am

I saw on Pennlive that he is not running a full WoO schedule this year due to SurePoint backing out. Any chance he's back here running an occasional local show?

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Re: Cody Darrah

Post by BigNugs87 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:41 pm

SurePoint didn't back out. They Cut their sponsorship. Ollie's moved back to Sweet so they could run the full tour along with sponsorship from SurePoint. Sage will be on Darrahs car.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:39 pm

By the Artical . If Kahne likes Darrah so much. Why is he the one getting the Shaft? Why not make Sweet run part time with the Sage sponsorship, and let Cody keep the Ollies sponsor and full time ride? :wellwaiting:
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

pwf46
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pwf46 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:44 pm

SLINKMASTERC wrote:By the Artical . If Kahne likes Darrah so much. Why is he the one getting the Shaft? Why not make Sweet run part time with the Sage sponsorship, and let Cody keep the Ollies sponsor and full time ride? :wellwaiting:
Well some of Kasey's thought process might be because Brad Sweet is better? This is a no brainer in my opinion. Same equipment.......... more & better results for the 49. :laughing7:

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:05 am

BigNugs87 wrote:SurePoint didn't back out. They Cut their sponsorship. Ollie's moved back to Sweet so they could run the full tour along with sponsorship from SurePoint. Sage will be on Darrahs car.
Yeah, but Sage is only on for part-time. So, if no other sponsor can be found will he be running some local shows when he isn't out on the road?

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:51 am

pwf46 wrote:
SLINKMASTERC wrote:By the Artical . If Kahne likes Darrah so much. Why is he the one getting the Shaft? Why not make Sweet run part time with the Sage sponsorship, and let Cody keep the Ollies sponsor and full time ride? :wellwaiting:
Well some of Kasey's thought process might be because Brad Sweet is better? This is a no brainer in my opinion. Same equipment.......... more & better results for the 49. :laughing7:
A lot of the times these decisions are not left up to the owner... There is a very good chance that Ollies told KKR that they will stay on as a full sponsor provided they get moved to the driver who had to better results last year, as nothing to do with Brad being a better driver, he just had better results... If Kahne had stood his ground an said no, you are the sponsor of Darrah and the 4 car, Ollies very well could have said well then you can find the money elsewhere, then they are out 2 cars... I feel bad for Cody cause he has always seemed to get the short stick at KKR since he went there, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing that young man come and race at home, except for the fact that he wants to make racing his career, and that is becoming harder and harder to do on the local scene...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

CTtoPA
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by CTtoPA » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:21 am

So Brad isn't the better driver, just had better results. That makes no sense at all.
Better Living Through Chemistry

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Post by BigNugs87 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:35 am

Since Uncle Rick has a full ride now, maybe Eckert Trucking and J&K Salvage can help out....more?

Mark Butler puts out a lot of money for racing. I believe he likes seeing his Ollie's brand in victory lane or near the front consistently.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:22 pm

CTtoPA wrote:So Brad isn't the better driver, just had better results. That makes no sense at all.

I was making a PC comment that didn't put down a local and a good kid, yes I know what the facts are when it comes to their stats...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:25 am

BigNugs87 wrote:Since Uncle Rick has a full ride now, maybe Eckert Trucking and J&K Salvage can help out....more?

Mark Butler puts out a lot of money for racing. I believe he likes seeing his Ollie's brand in victory lane or near the front consistently.

Mark is my cousin, would everyone like me to ask him what he told Kasey so we could get this squared away? Bottom line is Darrah doesn't and cant do what Sweet can. Brad is more consistent and doesn't tear up a lot of equipment, better advertising for Ollies.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radius Rod » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:16 pm

BigNugs87 wrote:Since Uncle Rick has a full ride now, maybe Eckert Trucking and J&K Salvage can help out....more?

Sounds like he shares the same view as Great Clips, and Surepoint medical. They want to see there car in victory lane. Not to be used as a handout for a driver to be.

Why not have J&K fund the team? You want the outlaw ride on the road or do you wanna fork out money to put your 89 back together. Seems to me paying Kahne to keep Cody on the road would be cheaper, Unless Martins chips is going to fork out some money, but with buy 1 get 2 free chips in stores i doubt theres a pile of money there...............
Lower the price of the chicken strip combo!

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radius Rod » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Night 1 results for KKR Daryn Pittman 1st, Brad Sweet 5th, Cody Darrah 16th

Night 2 results for KKR Brad Sweet 5th Pittman 10th Cody Darrah 18th

Night 3 results for KKR Brad Sweet 1st Pittman 3rd Cody Darrah 20th

Well i guess we should give him credit for his b-main he won off the front row......

Lets just hope for codys sake he doesnt try his luck in the TV business by going on the weakest link :buttkick:

pwf46
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pwf46 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Radius Rod wrote:Night 1 results for KKR Daryn Pittman 1st, Brad Sweet 5th, Cody Darrah 16th

Night 2 results for KKR Brad Sweet 5th Pittman 10th Cody Darrah 18th

Night 3 results for KKR Brad Sweet 1st Pittman 3rd Cody Darrah 20th

Well i guess we should give him credit for his b-main he won off the front row......

Lets just hope for codys sake he doesnt try his luck in the TV business by going on the weakest link :buttkick:

This is the "post of the month". The above stats are not new........just a continuation of 2014. :clap:

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Cody has his moments but it's no doubt that they are too far and few between. Didn't Sweet have a part-time arca or truck series ride last year? I don't follow pavement much but what happened to that?
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radius Rod » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Cody Darrah quits the Kahne car,

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ss ... ly-ow.html

"Cody didn't know how many races he was going to run or where," said Joe Darrah, who is purchasing equipment from KKR for this season.

Afraid someone else will get in the car and post better results? The same reason Leppo was scheduled to run the 89 in 2009 at the World finals then got canceled last minute? Cant have the car he drove all year with a different driver finish better than the audition car?

My prediction is without Steve Suchy or Lee Stauffer there wasting there time.