Cody Darrah

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member

Re: Cody Darrah

Post by Warthog » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 am

May Cody find a situation (ride, crew, and mentors) to allow him to develop his talent and abilities to the fullest extent possible, and may he have the wisdom to honestly assess himself at every decision point in his career. Beyond that, it's up to him how to proceed.

The question isn't whether somebody else is better at any moment in time - there is almost always somebody better, no matter what human activity one might choose to undertake. The question is what one can do to improve, how much work one is willing to put in to make improvements, and whether in the end, one will look back and say it was "worth it".

I have great admiration for anybody willing to strap into a 410 (or almost any race car, for that mater) and put themselves out there to face the critiques of those of us (including me) who've never even tried to do it. I also have great admiration for somebody with the guts to have a dream and work to make it come true.

Good luck to Cody in whatever comes next.
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Post by BigNugs87 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:25 am

bmd5229 wrote:Mark is my cousin, would everyone like me to ask him what he told Kasey so we could get this squared away? Bottom line is Darrah doesn't and cant do what Sweet can. Brad is more consistent and doesn't tear up a lot of equipment, better advertising for Ollies.
Nope, you don't have to ask him. I'm sure he's quite busy as the new majority owner of the Harrisburg Senators!
Radius Rod wrote:Why not have J&K fund the team? You want the outlaw ride on the road or do you wanna fork out money to put your 89 back together. Seems to me paying Kahne to keep Cody on the road would be cheaper, Unless Martins chips is going to fork out some money, but with buy 1 get 2 free chips in stores i doubt theres a pile of money there...............
Martins never did put money into the car. The advertisement was a favor.

Suchy and Stouffer were the brains behind that whole operation and made it go fast. It was definitely smart for Suchy to quit and head to Lason Marks Racing. He was being "rented" out for his expertise when he was up here, like when he was working on the Keen car.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by MKG1188 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:58 am

Looks like Cody will be running with the AllStars this year. Check out the article by Jeremy Elliot on PennLive.com. Joe Darrah is purchasing equipment from KKR and Cody will race with the AllStar series and fill in with other events when the AllStars aren't scheduled to run. KKR says they're still interested in bringing Cody back for 2016 if they can find the funding.

ohdh
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by ohdh » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Did anyone else notice that there was a new press release out that indicates that Brad Sweet has a new sponsor for almost half the WoO races this year?? Also kind of curious that it lists Razorback Professional Tools, Sage Fruit and ASE as the sponsors in the press release.

My question is, Ollie's is a company based in the central PA and the press release for Razor-Back lists Camp Hill, PA as the home office for their company, so why are two central PA based companies now sponsoring Brad Sweet instead of Cody Darrah and how did these two sponsors get their money taken to a national level by a NC based team???
Dirt's for racing, asphalt's for gettin' there!

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radius Rod » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:22 pm

ohdh wrote:Did anyone else notice that there was a new press release out that indicates that Brad Sweet has a new sponsor for almost half the WoO races this year?? Also kind of curious that it lists Razorback Professional Tools, Sage Fruit and ASE as the sponsors in the press release.

My question is, Ollie's is a company based in the central PA and the press release for Razor-Back lists Camp Hill, PA as the home office for their company, so why are two central PA based companies now sponsoring Brad Sweet instead of Cody Darrah and how did these two sponsors get their money taken to a national level by a NC based team???

Taken off their site,
"Razor-Back became part of the AMES Companies in 2006 and is manufactured here in the United States."

They're a division of that Ames True Temper. I guess both companies want to be on a car that runs up front for the money they're spending. Sweet is the driver of choice as 1 he can drive and 2 I believe theyre trying to make a Kyle Larson out of him and send him to Nascar. I bet thats why all the dollars are going his way, but either way he can drive a car.
Lower the price of the chicken strip combo!

c4
Legend
Legend

Post by c4 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:45 pm

he wont be another kyle larson if he cant get past pittman. or win the chili bowl. or drive and win for keith kunz.....he just isnt "visible enough"
i'm not putting him down...but facts is facts.

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radius Rod » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 pm

c4 wrote:he wont be another kyle larson if he cant get past pittman. or win the chili bowl. or drive and win for keith kunz.....he just isnt "visible enough"
i'm not putting him down...but facts is facts.

Ok let me reword this, i feel there trying to get him in a cup seat, therfor they will divert all funds to him, in hopes he makes it in cup and can buy in as a co-owner to the KKR organization a few years down the road. I imagine KKR probably employes people to hunt these sponsors. Never heard of sure plus medical before they were involved with them or this tool company. :thinking:

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:23 pm

I dont see brad getting a cup ride anytime soon. Hes made plenty of nationwide and truck series starts in good equipment with little success. Ive been more impressed with him in the sprint car. I think thats where he belongs.

WOODCHUCK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WOODCHUCK » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:21 am

Razorback is the most popular shovel in construction industry.

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Post by BigNugs87 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Mark Butler is now the majority owner of the Harrisburg Senators. Most likely he withdrew Ollie's and got hocked up with Razor-Back Tools to pick up his tab for this year with KKR.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:17 am

And just like that he is back at KKR, temporarily at least until Pittman recovers from his broken collar bone...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radius Rod » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:24 am

JTR13 wrote:And just like that he is back at KKR, temporarily at least until Pittman recovers from his broken collar bone...

The results are in 2nd in the bmain and 14th in the feature, joe must be paying a lot of money to rent that ride, Pittman could have ran the top 5.

A cheaper option would be bob Bennett or Cale grubb

Scott H
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by Scott H » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:16 am

Radius Rod wrote:
JTR13 wrote:And just like that he is back at KKR, temporarily at least until Pittman recovers from his broken collar bone...

The results are in 2nd in the bmain and 14th in the feature, joe must be paying a lot of money to rent that ride, Pittman could have ran the top 5.

A cheaper option would be bob Bennett or Cale grubb
Problem is, just when he probably gets the "feel" of the car under him, Pittman will come back and out he goes.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Man, I will never understand why everyone is so hard on this young man, lol... I mean he isn't the best out there, but I'd say his 2 wins, 17 top fives, and 44 top tens last season with the Outlaws makes him far from the worst, lol... Kinda like Scott H said, he was in a KKR car, got released from the car and came home to work on setting up his own team and own car with his dad and had his mind focused on that and the Allstars, then out of no where gets a phone call from KKR asking him to jump on a plane and fly to California and take over the 9 car for an undetermined amount of races, lol, I'd say with the roller coaster of a month that young man has had, a top 15 is a pretty good finish, lol... Heck Rico, McMahan, and Kraig Kinser finished outside the tope 20 (not sure if they were in a wrecK or anything though)...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!