Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
DavidM
Legend
Legend

Steve Buckwalter - USAC Silver Crown News

Post by DavidM » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:39 pm

SET Racing Looks Forward to Sophomore Season

Joliet, Illinois—

Looking into the 2015 USAC Silver Crown Series schedule, sophomore team SET Racing, based out of Joliet, Illinois looks to build off of their experience in 2014 to hope for vast success in 2015. 2014 brought three different drivers at three different events for the team including Robbie Ray, Robert Ballou, and Pennsylvania native Steve Buckwalter; which gave the fresh team a wealth of knowledge and feedback from different perspectives. But, the team looked for more consistency this season to help the team grow and learn with a single driver to help build off of each races successes.

It is with much excitement to announce that former SET Racing driver, and open-wheel veteran “The Royersford Rocket,” Steve Buckwalter will be piloting the SET Racing #53 USAC Silver Crown entry for the 2015 season. Steve has been a staple to the open wheel community, and brings a resume that includes over 50 ARDC Midget Feature victories, several Chili Bowl A Main qualifications, and countless laps behind the wheel of anything open-wheel. Steve made his first start with the team at the famed Moody Mile, in Syracuse, New York this past October. Mechanical failure prevented the finish both were hoping for, though the partnership seemed to be very promising. “I was excited when these guys gave me a call to run Super Dirt Week, it had been a while since I had participated in the Silver Crown Series and was looking forward to getting to run a champ car again… the car showed a lot of potential there, and is very capable of running up front,” Steve said when asked about his first experience with the team.
The team plans to compete at all USAC Silver Crown Series dirt races this summer, which will begin May 21, 2015 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, concluding October 10, 2015 at the Super Dirt Week event at the New York State Fairgrounds, in Syracuse, New York. “I am looking forward to working with SET Racing again, they are a great group of guys that are easy to work with, and are passionate about the history of the series,” Buckwalter mentioned. Excitement is high for both team and driver going into the season.

2015 Silver Crown Schedule:
May 21 – Indiana State Fairgrounds
July 02 – Terre Haute Action Track
July 31 – Belleville High Banks
August 22 – Illinois State Fairgrounds
September 06 – DuQuoin State Fairgrounds
September 26 – Eldora Speedway
October 10 – New York State Fairgrounds
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

zepplinrox
Legend
Legend

Re: Steve Buckwalter - USAC Silver Crown News

Post by zepplinrox » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Good news...unfortunately not near enough for the big guy to shoot though :camera: :camera: :ahhh:
"zepplinrox"- Brian

Race photos on zepplinrox personal site- http://zepplinrox.smugmug.com

g2aacc
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by g2aacc » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Be Nice to see a double header Eastern Storm at Port :dontknow:
Second place is the First loser.....

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:04 pm

I made plans tonigth heading out to Terre Haute for the SC race, then two nights at Lincoln Park and then onto Kokomo. Been a couple years since I've been out to Indiana.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

g2aacc
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by g2aacc » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:52 am

Heading out for the first 3 races of Indy Sprint week. First time ever at Gas City. Kokomo and Lawrenceburg :jiggy:
Second place is the First loser.....

luvracing
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by luvracing » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Does this mean he will not be part of the 17B team or Mark Coldren team anymore?

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:14 pm

g2aacc wrote:Heading out for the first 3 races of Indy Sprint week. First time ever at Gas City. Kokomo and Lawrenceburg :jiggy:
You are in for a treat! I've only been to Gas City once back in 2007 and was only in the pits and infield. Seem to remember the stands were a bit on the small size. Kokomo is just about prefect for wingless open wheel racing. Lawrenceburg has one of the nicest facilities this side on the Mississippi, and it's a very fast high banked track.

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:20 pm

luvracing wrote:Does this mean he will not be part of the 17B team or Mark Coldren team anymore?
Only July 31 – Belleville High Banks and August 22 – Illinois State Fairgrounds would be the only dates I see confliction with running at the Grove or Port Royal.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:56 pm

So Steve has 4 rides this year? 17B and 07 sprint cars, silver crown and midget...wow.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radius Rod » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:42 am

hotrodney wrote:So Steve has 4 rides this year? 17B and 07 sprint cars, silver crown and midget...wow.

You know what they say, jack of all trades master of none :laughing7:
Lower the price of the chicken strip combo!

c4
Legend
Legend

Post by c4 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Radius Rod wrote:
hotrodney wrote:So Steve has 4 rides this year? 17B and 07 sprint cars, silver crown and midget...wow.

You know what they say, jack of all trades master of none :laughing7:
:silenced: :silenced: :ahhhh:

nowingsjeff
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nowingsjeff » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm sure the Mile Tracks will get Steve's attention due to their size, but I will be interested to hear what he says about Belleville, KS, as Belleville makes Eldora look tame.

I've been to Belleville for the Midget Nationals 5 times with my 1st visit there in 1993 when Page Jones won and my last was a few years ago when Kyle Larson put it to Bryan Clauson.

Even thought the track isn't as banked as it was when I 1st went out there, there's still nothing like it. The midgets there are breathtakingly fast, multi-grooved and big slide jobs are the norm when passing other cars. I can only imagine the big cars will be just as hairy as the midgets at Belleville.

I'm glad he's getting this opportunity, as Steve's a gasser and if his equipment is up to it, he could become a USAC Champion. That would be cool!

uncle geek
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by uncle geek » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:46 pm

nowingsjeff wrote:I'm sure the Mile Tracks will get Steve's attention due to their size, but I will be interested to hear what he says about Belleville, KS, as Belleville makes Eldora look tame.

I've been to Belleville for the Midget Nationals 5 times with my 1st visit there in 1993 when Page Jones won and my last was a few years ago when Kyle Larson put it to Bryan Clauson.

Even thought the track isn't as banked as it was when I 1st went out there, there's still nothing like it. The midgets there are breathtakingly fast, multi-grooved and big slide jobs are the norm when passing other cars. I can only imagine the big cars will be just as hairy as the midgets at Belleville.

I'm glad he's getting this opportunity, as Steve's a gasser and if his equipment is up to it, he could become a USAC Champion. That would be cool!

If I'm not mistaken Steve ran the Midget Nats at Belleville 4 or 5 years ago. And yes Belleville makes Eldora look like a Kids Sand Box. Fastest Dirt Track I've been to.
2016, What a long strange trip.