MVT / BOSS Season Opener Now Set for Wayne County Speedway

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
nowingsjeff
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nowingsjeff » Thu May 14, 2015 12:04 pm

Following a disappointing rainout at Fremont Speedway this past Saturday, the Mo Vaughn Transport / Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series is now set to open the 2015 season at Jason and Kristin Flory's Wayne County Speedway near Orrville, Ohio. Twenty-eight wingless warriors were signed in for battle on Saturday despite the fact there were many other tracks running in the Ohio / Indiana area. Series and track officials expect another fine field to be on hand with drivers from six states indicating their intentions to compete.

For fans, this has become a show they do not want to miss! Not only will the ever exciting BOSS sprints be in action, but the weekly winged sprints of WCS will also be in competition for a $5,000 to win payday. Many of the regions top winged teams are expected, giving fans the opportunity to see the Midwest's finest drivers of both disciplines all in one night. General admission will be just $15.00 for ages 13 and up while kids 12 and under are free. Pit passes remain just $30.00. Gates will open at 3 pm with hot laps at 6 and racing at 7 pm.

The Mo Vaughn Transport BOSS series has around 20 drivers who will be chasing the 2015 championship points. Home state drivers include defending series champion Mike Miller of Wapakoneta, Ohio along with fellow buckeye drivers Michael Fischesser, Aaron Middaugh, Chuck Wilson, Chad Wilson, Andy Fike, Steve Little, Scott Hardman, Cooper Clouse, Bobby Distel, Kirk Jeffries, Kent Wolters, Lewie Christian, and Cody Gardner. Representing the keystone state of Pennsylvania is the always exciting Brandon Spithaler of Evans City, Pennsylvania along with Bob McMillin and Joe Butera. Other states represented are West Virginian Andre Layfield, Michigan's Josh Turner, Florida's Joe Liguori and Indiana's Dustin Smith.

Last season, the 2 events contested at Wayne County were quite the contrast from one another, yet equally exciting. Last May, the "Magic Man"Mike Miller appeared to have the main event victory within his sights, but 17th starting "Doctor" Andre Layfield gunned him down off the final corner in one of the closest finishes in BOSS history. In the fall event, the "Evans City Earthmover" Brandon Spithaler lived up to his name as he blasted across a very rough Wayne County Speedway in a legitimately terrifying display of driving. Spithaler was one circuit away from literally lapping the entire field en route to one of the most dominating victories in series history!

This show promises to be one of the best of the season. Mo Vaughn Transport and BOSS have raised the bar along with our series sponsors who include: Moose Racing, Hoosier Racing Tires, Lias Tire American Racer, Buckeye Machine, FAST Signs, Superior Tank, Kistler Engines, Design 500, TI22, DMI, Hochstetler Trucking, Indy Race Parts, McMillin Apiaries, The Bridge Restaurant, Lynn Cook, Cowen Truck Lines, A Plus Transmission, Apple Metal Polishing, and Southeast Harley Davidson.

For more information be sure the check out the series website at www.buckeyesprints.com We are also on facebook and twitter.

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Re: MVT / BOSS Season Opener Now Set for Wayne County Speedway

Post by DavidM » Fri May 15, 2015 8:02 am

Sure would love to see this group come a little farther east!
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

bagger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bagger » Fri May 15, 2015 12:59 pm

DavidM wrote:Sure would love to see this group come a little farther east!
Just go to the USAC shows if that's what you want.Boss is real lo-buck.Don't pay big admission for this series cause their purses aren't real good.I saw them 3 times in 2013 and once in 2014 and they just weren't that good.If the admission is fair-go ahead and go.Mercer has them coming up.

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Fri May 15, 2015 2:02 pm

bagger wrote:
DavidM wrote:Sure would love to see this group come a little farther east!
Just go to the USAC shows if that's what you want.Boss is real lo-buck.Don't pay big admission for this series cause their purses aren't real good.I saw them 3 times in 2013 and once in 2014 and they just weren't that good.If the admission is fair-go ahead and go.Mercer has them coming up.
Oh I do plan on getting to the USAC eastern shows as well as a trip to Indiana in July for Silver Crown and Sprints. As for BOSS they must be doing something right when they're getting 35 to 50 cars for a lot of their shows.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Fri May 15, 2015 4:38 pm

I've seen BOSS a handful of times and besides the lernerville show last year that was black and slow in warmups they were all good shows. On nights USAC is off you'll occasionally see a few of them run the BOSS race. It seems like a group a lot of drivers like to run with and a low buck team can compete with.
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

bagger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bagger » Sat May 16, 2015 12:25 am

I saw them at Lernerville-Sharon and Wayne County in 2013.24 Cars at Lernerville and Sharon.That included several local that ran without wings. At Wayne County there were 16 cars.In 2014,I went to Raceway 7 and I think they had 23 cars.None of the shows were very competitive. Now,having said that,when they run in W.Ohio the car count goes up.It costs big to tow so I figure a lot of guys just don't go very far.Like I said,they don't pay much but It's guys racing and that's a good thing.

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:53 pm

They had over 40 2 years ago at Fremont when I went and the racing was very good.
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

bagger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bagger » Sat May 16, 2015 1:45 pm

Like I said-W.Ohio.That event is a top paying show too.A good event to see BOSS is the season ending All-Star show at Eldora.All Stars-NRA 360'S and BOSS Sprints. BOSS always gets their biggest count there+you get some top shelf Winged Cars too!