Bedford - All Stars

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
Turn 4
Rookie
Rookie

Bedford - All Stars

Post by Turn 4 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:52 pm

THOROUGHLY enjoyed the All Star race at Bedford Sunday night. Time trials were a second or more off the record, the heats were pretty boring, and I thought oh boy, could be a long night. But the feature was awesome! It totally amazes me how those guys can run that fast and that close to the wall, especially in turns 3 & 4. Way cool.

Leppmaniac
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Bedford - All Stars

Post by Leppmaniac » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:24 pm

I agree. Great feature. Why weren't there more central PA cars there?

Anthony Corini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Anthony Corini » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:57 pm

I was impressed and will definitely be back. Cool track. 1 and 2 is as unique as you'll find.

sprint_racing_fan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sprint_racing_fan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:03 am

I only live five minutes from the track in Bedford, but the only time I go is when the sprint cars are there. I was a little worried because the heat races were pretty boring, but I thought the feature was really good. Lots of passing throughout the field and it was really fun watching Danny Dietrich battling with Greg Hodnett for the lead and watching Lucas Wolfe working his way from the twenty first starting spot to fifth. I love when they race the sprint cars here at the Bedford Speedway and it was really nice to see that they had more than one groove to run. Drivers were running high and low. I can’t wait until they are back here again. It’s nice once in a while to not have to drive over an hour and a half to see a sprint car race. Thank you to the All Stars & the Posse for a great show and to The Bedford Speedway for having them. :thumbright:

MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by MKG1188 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:07 am

I agree with just about everything that was posted above. It was my first visit to Bedford. A 2 hour drive both ways for me but was definitely worth it. Dietrich just couldn't catch a break. Twice he was in the process of passing Hodnett when the caution came out. After watching Lucas time so poorly and show nothing in his heat race I thought he was going to be lapped early on in the feature. It was surprising and fun to see just the opposite happen. To come from 21st or 22nd to 5th on a track that size was really impressive. If they can get the timing and the race setup working in the same night they're going to win their share of races.