San Jose, California native Thomas Meseraull made the Cali natives 3 for 3 in the Mo Vaughn Transport - BOSS / Hensel Memorial by claiming the $5,000 first prize on Saturday night. The two previous events were won by Robert Ballou (Rocklin, CA) in 2013 and Kody Swanson (Kingsburg, CA) in 2014. The win however, did not come easy for "T-Mez" as a miscue after his heat win found him upside down in the Stan Courtad #9x in Fremont Speedway's first turn.
The evening began with 43 Mo Vaughn Transport BOSS sprint cars signing in for qualifications. The one lap - against the clock proved tricky for some and advantageous for others. Tracy Hines in the Hines #4T set fast time with a 14.494 to edge Meseraull and Kody Swanson out of the fast time award. After qualifying, Hines was honored on the front stretch where he rolled the die to bring up the "8" inversion. Therefore, the fastest 8 cars who transferred out of their heat would make the 8 car inversion.
Heat race events saw the top 6 inverted in each heat with the top 4 advancing to the main event and getting their qualifying time back. Hines, Meseraull, Derek Hastings, Shane Cottle and Landon Simon all won heat race events. Meseraull made his win a little extra exciting for the fans as he hooked the cushion and flipped in turn 1 after taking the checkered flag. The team was able to make quick repairs and be ready for the main event. The twin B-Main events were claimed by Kody Swanson and Todd Keen.
The 33 lap Hensel Memorial found tour regulars Kent Wolters and Cody Gardner pacing the field to the starters green flag. Scotty Weir and Ted Hines made up row 2 with Mike Miller and Landon Simon in the 3rd row. Meseraull and Hines would start together in row 4 with Cottle starting back in the #13 position.
The initial start saw 3 cars coming together in turn 1 and 2 ultimately eliminating Bill Rose and Michael Fischesser. At the drop of the second green it was Tipp City, Ohio driver Kent Wolters who rocketed to a comfortable early lead over Gardner. Several cars were on the mover early including Meseraull, Swanson, and Cottle who had started 13th. Landon Simon was also on the move early, however, working lap #3, an over eager Simon spun in turn 1 to bring out the race's first caution.
Back under green, Wolters continued to show the way but Meseraull was clearly the man on the move taking over the runner-up spot on lap 6. Just as the lead battle was taking shape, the race's second and final caution flew when Andy Feil spun to a stop working lap #9. The restart order saw Wolters leading with Meseraull, Cottle, Gardner, Tracy Hines, Weir, Swanson, Brandon Spithaler, Brian Smith and Ted Hines rounding out the top 10.
On the restart, Meseraull needed less than a lap to take over the top spot to officially lead lap #9. Cottle quickly moved to the runner-up spot and over the next 23 laps the 2 heavyweight contenders would throw down in a battle royale for a $5,000 payday. Meseraull, on all four Hoosier tires, held steady at the point as the charging Cottle flirted with disaster reeling in the leader in the Hazen #57 clad with all four American Racers. The duo entered lapped traffic on lap 18 as the war waged on with Meseraull able to keep the Courtad 9 just a few car lengths in front.
The deciding factor of the race may have come on lap #25 when Meseraull dove inside a lapped car exiting turn 4 and Cottle throttled the car to the high side making it 3 wide down the narrow Fremont front stretch. Contact was made but everyone stayed straight and Meseraull was able to pull away by a few car lengths. The final 8 circuits saw Cottle try valiantly to reel in Meseraull, and a last lap herculean effort saw Cottle throw the car in deep to pull even with the leader off turn 4, but Meseraull had the momentum to hang on by a car length in yet another exciting BOSS feature finish! Defending race winner Kody Swanson charged from his 11th starting spot to round out the podium.
The rest of the top 5 were Tracy Hines and Brian Smith who was driving the Mike Hensel tribute #33 car. The rest of the top 10 were Kent Wolters, Cody Gardner, Dallas Hewitt, Brandon Spithaler, and Shawn Westerfeld. Hewitt was the Bridge Restaurant "Hard Charger" of the night and took home an extra $333 courtesy of Hughes Racing. Westerfeld quietly extended his points lead over defending champ Mike Miller and inaugural champion Dustin Smith.
The tour is now silent for 2 weeks before returning to action on Friday, September 4th at Moler Raceway Park in Williamburg, Ohio. This will be the very first visit to the 1/4 mile bullring located deep in southwestern Ohio. Watch for details on this event in the coming days!
Event #15 of 21
Fremont Speedway ; Fremont, OH - 8/15/2015
Mo Vaughn Transport B.O.S.S 410 Sprints (43 Cars)
Fast Qualifier: #4T-Tracy Hines - 14.494
Heat 1 - Moose Racing (Anaheim, CA): (10 Laps - 6 Inverted - Top 4 to A-Feature)
1. 4T-Tracy Hines ; 2. 320-Bill Rose ; 3. 12-Kent Wolters ; 4. 9N-Mike Miller ; 5. 2DI-Dustin Ingle ; 6. 1M-Brandon Moore ; 7. 53-Steve Little ; 8. 97J-Andy Fike ; 9. 18-Bob Distel
Heat 2 - Lias Tire / American Racer (Indiana, PA): (10 Laps - 6 Inverted - Top 4 to the A-Feature)
1. 9x-Thomas Meseraull ; 2. 12H-Ted Hines ; 3. 89-Shawn Westerfeld ; 4. 31-Chuck Wilson ; 5. 87-Paul Dues ; 6. 63D-Jim Dues ; 7. 23L-Corbin Loggins ; 8. 5-Bob McMillin ; 9. 5x-Toby Alfrey
H eat 3 - Hoosier Racing Tire: (10 Laps - 6 Inverted - Top 4 to the A-Feature)
1. 32M-Derek Hastings ; 2. 4-Michael Fischesser ; 3. 33-Brian Smith ; 4. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 5. 41-Cole Ketchum ; 6. 21K-Kody Swanson ; 7. 26-Justin Owen ; 8. 14c-Cooper Clouse ; 9. 97-Scott Hardman
Heat 4 - Buckeye Machine & Fab (Forest, OH): (10 Laps - 6 Inverted - Top 4 to the A-Feature)
1. 57-Shane Cottle ; 2. 77-Dustin Smith ; 3. 74-Drew Rader ; 4. 2M-Scotty Weir ; 5. 08-Andy Feil ; 6. 59J-Kirk Jeffries ; 7. 15J-Nick Johnson ; 8. 25-Mark Blausey
Heat 5 - FAST Signs (Dayton, OH): (10 Laps - 6 Inverted - Top 4 to the A-Feature)
1. 24-Landon Simon ; 2. 91x-Aaron Middaugh ; 3. 46-Cody Gardner ; 4. 14-Chad Wilson ; 5. 18K-Todd Keen ; 6. 16-Dallas Hewitt ; 7. 15-Brandon Whited ; 8. J1-Mark Schultz
B-Main #1 - Southeast Harley Davidson (Cleveland, OH): (12 Laps - Top 2 to the A-Feature)
1. 21K-Kody Swanson ; 2. 16-Dallas Hewitt ; 3. 41-Cole Ketchum ; 4. 14c-Cooper Clouse ; 5. 2DI-Dustin Ingle ; 6. 18-Bob Distel ; 7. 59J-Kirk Jeffries ; 8. 1M-Brandon Moore ; 9. 53-Steve Little ; 10. 97-Scott Hardman ; 11. 87-Paul Dues ; 12. 25-Mark Blausey
B-Main #2 - Kistler Engines (Fremont, OH): (12 Laps - Top 2 to the A-Feature)
1. 18K-Todd Keen ; 2. 08-Andy Feil ; 3. 26-Justin Owen ; 4. 15-Brandon Whited ; 5. 63D-Jim Dues ; 6. 97J-Andy Fike ; 7. J1-Mark Schultz ; 8. 15J-Nick Johnson ; 9. 5A-Toby Alfrey[DNS] ; 10. 5-Bob McMillin[DNS] ; 11. 23L-Corbin Loggins[DNS]
Mo Vaughn Transport B.O.S.S. A-Main - 3rd Annual Mike Hensel Memorial (33 Laps)
1. 9x-Thomas Meseraull ; 2. 57-Shane Cottle ; 3. 21K-Kody Swanson ; 4. 4T-Tracy Hines ; 5. 33-Brian Smith ; 6. 12-Kent Wolters ; 7. 46-Cody gardner ; 8. 16-Dallas Hewitt ; 9. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 10. 89-Shawn Westerfeld ; 11. 2M-Scotty Weir ; 12. 74-Drew Rader ; 13. 14-Chad Wilson ; 14. 24-Landon Simon ; 15. 77-Dustin Smith ; 16. 9N-Mike Miller ; 17. 91x-Aaron Middaugh ; 18. 12H-Ted Hines ; 19. 31-Chuck Wilson ; 20. 32M-Derek Hastings ; 21. 18K-Todd Keen ; 22. 08-Andy Feil ; 23. 4-Michael Fischesser ; 24. 320-Bill Rose
Bonus Award Winners
Bridge Restaurant of Sidney, OH - "Hard Charger" - Dallas Hewitt (+16) - $333 - courtesy of Hughes Racing!
Lynn Cook "a racer's friend" of Dayton, OH - "Hard Luck Award" - Michael Fischesser - $50
Hochstetler Truck and Auto Repair - "Steel Block Award" - Kent Wolters - $50
Apple Metal Polishing of Eldorodo, OH - "Lucky Pill Draw" - Jim Dues- $40
Plus Automatic Transmission of Mansfield, OH - "Perseverance Award" - Dallas Hewitt - $50
Lias Tire of Indiana, PA - "American Racer Bonus Award" - Shane Cottle - Free Tire
Hoosier Tire Midwest - "Hoosier Tire Bonus Award" - Thomas Meseraull - Free Tire
Design 500 of Seattle, WA "Rusty McClure Tribute Award" - Brandon Spithaler - $100 Design 500 gift certificate
DMI / Bulldog Rear Ends "First Non Transfer" Bonus - Cole Ketchum & Justin Owen - $25 Gift Certificate
Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:07 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests