Eldora Camping

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
BAMAchubby
Rookie
Rookie

Eldora Camping

Post by BAMAchubby » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:03 pm

I am trying to plan for my 1st trip out to Eldora for Kings royal :bdf: this year. I am going to be camping at the track. I know you need to get a reserved spot. Does anyone have any advice on What lot to park at??? Is one parking lot more of a party spot than another??? I will have a 8 year boy with me. Will have time between Kings and Truck race so is there ANYWHERE anyone can point me to within a couple of hours of Eldora to do that would be fun??? Any information would be great....appreciate it very much!!!
Lincoln Speedway - 3
Selingsgrove Speedway - 1
Bridgeport Speedway - 2
Williamsgrove - 5

yogi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Eldora Camping

Post by yogi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:47 pm

camp in Speedy parking across from Main entrance . Not really a wild camping area and you do not really need a reserved space in advance .

KWR
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by KWR » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:54 pm

If you can get to Indy between races go to the museum at the speedway. ....And if you do get to Indy, do the grounds tour while you're there also - you won't be disappointed.

yogi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by yogi » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Patterson Air Force base off rt 75 Dayton is a nice place for a young child Museum is free and can last all day . You can tour Presidential planes and aircraft . It is guarded and you need ID also . They have at least 5 hangers with planes and exhibits . John Glenns Museum is off N rt75 in Wapakoneta . Both are about 1 hour from Eldora . Indy about 1 and 1/2 hours .

bagger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bagger » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:26 am

yogi wrote:Patterson Air Force base off rt 75 Dayton is a nice place for a young child Museum is free and can last all day . You can tour Presidential planes and aircraft . It is guarded and you need ID also . They have at least 5 hangers with planes and exhibits . John Glenns Museum is off N rt75 in Wapakoneta . Both are about 1 hour from Eldora . Indy about 1 and 1/2 hours .
That's the Neil Armstrong Space Museum in Waponeketta! It's well worth too!