Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

i wanna run 2 wheel mod with a Batwedge... :thumbright:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:56 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

pajamie wrote:
i wanna run 2 wheel mod with a Batwedge... :thumbright:

class doesnt exist anymore. That class almost destroyed dirtoval about 15 years ago

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:28 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

how????

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:48 am 
Rookie
Rookie

pajamie wrote:
how????

with so much downforce, it made it a huge battery and motor war. You never had to lift, it was wide open all the time. Still to this day, the fastest car I ever saw was an intimidator with a bat wedge body on it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:54 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

ctsieber wrote:
pajamie wrote:
how????

with so much downforce, it made it a huge battery and motor war. You never had to lift, it was wide open all the time. Still to this day, the fastest car I ever saw was an intimidator with a bat wedge body on it.

I can understand that.. I ran more stock than mod anyway.. But boy, those were the days.. I was looking around in a few boxes in the attic of the garage and found one of my old batwedges from R&D..

I also used to race at this place down by Lewisberry.. I forget the name of the place.. It was a fairly big outside oval.. We ran rubber tires until we figured out silicone over the foams.. Hooked the cars up too much..

Just wish I had all the money back I spent racing.. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:32 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I ran pan cars and legonds in those days. In all honesty its cheaper now then it was back then. If you run electric now, theres no more $100 + battery packs that go bad in acouple months.

the nitro cars are alot of fun. You can have a descent motor for $190 and that will last for most of the season, might have to havev it pinched and bearings once. But thats cheap.

pajamie wrote:
ctsieber wrote:
pajamie wrote:
how????

I can understand that.. I ran more stock than mod anyway.. But boy, those were the days.. I was looking around in a few boxes in the attic of the garage and found one of my old batwedges from R&D..

I also used to race at this place down by Lewisberry.. I forget the name of the place.. It was a fairly big outside oval.. We ran rubber tires until we figured out silicone over the foams.. Hooked the cars up too much..

Just wish I had all the money back I spent racing.. LOL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:41 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I ran pan cars then too.. I think I had about 6 cars at one point.. 2 Intimators.. a sprintcar and 3 pan cars.. 1 for carpet, 1 for concrete and 1 for asphalt..

I really liked racing at in indoor carpet track up in Bloomsburg.. Also raced up at K&N in CT, Trains and Lanes out in Reading... Ran the asphalt car down in Philly at this huge indoor track, forget the name anymore, it was actually made of wood with some sealent over it... Concrete car at C.E.B. Motors in Marion, PA.. I don't think any of those tracks are around anymore.. I know CEB isn't got sure.. not sure about the others..

On dirt I raced at that outdoor track near Lewisberry.. R&D's indoor and outdoor tracks.. Kranzels.. Coopers in Danville, Va. That track in Hanover which I think it carpet now..

Man.. the money I spent.. lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:03 am 
Jamie,
I think there will be enough intrest to run an electric latemodel class with the brushless lipo combo this year. you can go to http://www.dirtoval.com for all kinds of rc racing info
Laudan Seigfried

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:45 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I was just at coopers for the first time acouple weeks ago. Since the openwheel race isnt there anymore they have a new big race in the spring. I tq'd and lead all but the last 2 laps, got tangled with a lapped car. Talk about a fast track. Felt like if you blinked, you were wrecked.

pajamie wrote:
I ran pan cars then too.. I think I had about 6 cars at one point.. 2 Intimators.. a sprintcar and 3 pan cars.. 1 for carpet, 1 for concrete and 1 for asphalt..

I really liked racing at in indoor carpet track up in Bloomsburg.. Also raced up at K&N in CT, Trains and Lanes out in Reading... Ran the asphalt car down in Philly at this huge indoor track, forget the name anymore, it was actually made of wood with some sealent over it... Concrete car at C.E.B. Motors in Marion, PA.. I don't think any of those tracks are around anymore.. I know CEB isn't got sure.. not sure about the others..

On dirt I raced at that outdoor track near Lewisberry.. R&D's indoor and outdoor tracks.. Kranzels.. Coopers in Danville, Va. That track in Hanover which I think it carpet now..

Man.. the money I spent.. lol