Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I'll start it
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:54 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Big Ben will be the difference in the game in crunch time. Green Bay is not near physical enough to keep hHarrison, Woodley & Farrior away from Rogers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:49 am 
I'll end it......

In a shoot-out

Steelers by 11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:04 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Yoi!...Double Yoi! :wavetowel:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:10 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I predict the longer the game goes on, the less I'll remember about it :drunken: :drunken: :laughing7: I'm voting for the Stillas, but even if they lose, I'll have a great time :wavetowel: :buddiesdrinking:

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pro ... 1321718744

2014 races:

Salamanca, NY - ISOC/ECS Snocross
Lincoln - 3
Port Royal - 5
Lernerville - 8
Mercer - 2
Williams Grove - 3
McKean County - 5
Roaring Knob - 1
Knoxville - 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:33 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Prop bets to come. I found this little tid bit on the net. Had to make me laugh.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... gress.html

Philly sportswriters and radio personalities have made more hay of the TMZ story than any other media talking head I've heard (especially Eskin, who is so jealous of the "Stillers", he could spontaneously combust at the mere mention of their name).

And Eagles' fans are still in dismay over Andy Reid's decision to take his OL coach and make him defensive coordinator.

I love being a Stiller fan in Iggle country!!!

"NINETEEN SIXTY!!"

All I keep hearing here in Filthadelphia is "pitchers and catchers... pitchers and catchers" :roflmao:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:40 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I say Steelers 23 Packers 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:26 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Besides Hawkey, it's all we got Tweed!! The football team in Philly is on the outer edges of a whirlpool.............and they are on their way down!! No tears shed here when the house of cards falls.

Eskin, the largest a$$ in the Philly sports scene, hates the Stillers, and takes every opportunity to dis them. I, on the other hand, just wanna see someone treat Ben like he treats women. :bringiton: :pinkelephant:

Since the Pack is favored, looks like the Stillers will walk with this one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:48 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

You got on helluva a team (Phillies) though. This has to be the year. If not, then what?

I am developing my theory on the game. In a nutshell, it centers on "motivation". Yes, I believe both teams will be highly motivated because it is the Super Bowl. I have a hard time believing th Steeler defense will not come out and play like the world is on fire and knock heads given that they have heard all week about how "they can't stop Green Bay" and "how great Aaron Rodgers is". Our defense has changed technique some since the NE game. We have made it through the playoffs with a 70% Polomalu. He has been real quiet in the playoffs. I think we see a different player this week. First, he had 2 weeks of rest which is the best medicine for his injury and second, there is no "next week". When this man is flying all over the field, he is a difference maker. We haven't seen "superman" in the playoffs yet. We will see him on sunday.

Ben is one piece in our puzzle and a piece we almost traded last year. I was one who was fed up with his antics and was ready to rid the team of him. He has, for the most part, changed his attitude or this team would have never made it to the super bowl. He was one of the biggest azz in the locker room prior to the incident. Since the incident I do believe there has been change. Supposedly, he is engaged to a nurse in Pittsburgh. Not sure any of this matters for the game, just sayin'.

In theory, this media blitz has done nothing but motivate a very pridefull Steeler defense.

A couple points on the game:

We have heard how the Steeler secondary is poor and how fast Green Bay Receivers. We have also head how GB's corners are going to shut down our wide receivers. This is what the Media hasn't spewed:

*Green Bay run defense is average. They have given up a lot of running yards to teams that are in the bottom half of the league in rushing. The Steelers are going to be able to run the ball. We have ran the ball, the last 5 games, better than we have in 4 seasons.

*The Steelers WR's are underated. They talk about all the speed GB has on the corner. Mike Wallace may well be the fastest man in the NFL. Emanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown are very fast. Hines is slow as a turtle. These guys can run and these can can make yards after catch.

*If Green Bay spreads the field, Aaron Rodgers is going to get hit. In the past, our defensive line was used to take up lineman and make holes for the linebackers to get through. Recently, Lebeau has had them do more bull rushes and it has shown. Ziggy and Kiesel are both getting to the quarterback. If Green Bay can't run the ball, which I don't think they can, this is going to open the gates up to many hits on Aaron Rodgers. If anyone watched the Bears game, you know he is not the same QB after getting hit by a train. Who is? James Harrison is a train and half.

*People must remember that in the last game these teams played, both teams are different. GB has some differnt guys on defense but not much of a change. Pittsburgh had Tyrone Carter playing of Polomalu. Anyone who has watched Tyrone Carter knows that he was one of the slowests safeties to ever play in the NFL.

In summary, I am a Steelers fan and I have had negative feeling since championship sunday. I know that GB was possibly the worst matchup for the Steelers. I just have a hard time after hearing the Media blow all this smoke up everyone azz about how good Green Bay is, that the Steelers, specifically their defense, will not come out and play an unbelievable game.

I really think this is going to be a head knocker. I don't necessarily buy into everyone's theory that this will be a shootout. Mendenhall is going to get his yards. The Steelers are going to play that game. The defense must step up and if they do, they win this game.

Good luck. (i am sure many spelling and punctuation errors....sorry)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:04 pm 
Green Bay will play 60 minutes.
Packers 28
Steelers 24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:44 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

The Bears third string qb was having an easy time of it against the Packers D, Ben isn't Brady but he's still good enough to earn only his third ring (sarcasm). The Bears D had Green Bay rattled in the second half. Wait until they get a load of what the Steelers D brings to the table... A Steelers dynasty. The dude in Philly will be hatin' next week. The Steelers will treat the pack like sick Vick treats dogs...

Steelers 27, Packers 17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:19 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Steelers win.

But if they sack" Cheesehead Jesus" :cheerleader: it could be 24 zip. :naughty: Cheesehead jesus is one hit from an early retirement.And man the pack lit up the score board in Detroit with the world best offence :dontknow:

13-KOKOMO,IN
1-Haubstadt,in
1-MONTPILIER,IN
0-Anderson,in
4-GAS CITY,in
9-PUTNAMVILLE,IN
3-BLOOMINGTON,IN
1-QUINCY,IL
1-Waynesfield,oh
1-LINCOLN,IL
1-Terre Haute,in
3-Rossburg,oh
0-Pontoon beach,IL
1-DANVILLE,IL
1-Paragon,In
1-LIBERTY,In
1-INDY MILE,In
17-different tracks,3 states

Total-47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:23 pm 
Legend
Legend

Green Bay wins by a late 80s/early 90s style NFC ass-whoopin of biblical proportions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:37 pm 
The only money I would put on the NFC is the coin toss..... :wavetowel:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:51 am 
I would also put money on the cheese getting moldy. :roflmao: :cwm4:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:45 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Pittsburgh 17-10. Gonna be an epic battle of defenses. :clap: