Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Today in Philly
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

I sure wish I could get philly sports radio stations today.

Post subject: Re: Today in Philly
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:56 pm 
Legend
Legend

New York teams took some of the edge of the pain. :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:58 pm 
Racer
Racer

New York and Philly teams this year i must say = Disappointment.

UNOH student.

2013: 56 races at 15 different tracks.

2014 Races: 23

Waynesfield: 5
Eldora: 4
Attica: 2
Wiliams Grove: 3
Lincoln: 1
Kokomo: 1
Volusia: 1
Limaland: 2
Talladega Short Track: 1
Gas City: 1

Chili Bowl Nationals
Aarons 312 Talladega N'wide race
Indianapolis 500

Daytona Speedweeks:
Sprint Unlimited
Rolex 24
Daytona Rising CTSCC 200

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:00 pm 
Legend
Legend

G Men killed me back to back years in suicide league.
F. Manning!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Eagles are not going to win until they get a coach who understands that you need an offensive line. Now without Jimmy Johnson the defence can't carry them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How can you outgain every team you play and still be 1-4? :thinking: Well I'd say it's part coaching, part player mistakes and part bad luck. The turnovers are really killing them. Some of that is not protecting the ball but much of it is dumb luck. Look at Vick's 4 INT's, 2 of them were tipped at the line, the other 2 he got hit right as he was throwing. In ALL cases the ball went right to a Buffalo player, figure the odds. :ahhh: You can't win when you turn it over 5 times.

Another problem is struggles in the red zone. The eagles move the ball up and down the field but struggle when they are in scoring position. On the other side, the defense isn't defending it's goal very well in the red zone- 11 passing TD's allowed already this year. Part of that is coaching. How do you play a soft zone when the other team is inside your 10?? They're letting the other team score easy with underneath routes. You have 3 of the best CB's in the league, MAN UP! Tackling is not our strong suite, man to man coverage is. They should be playing man-man 90% of the time and putting pressure on the other team, not sitting back in zone and leaving the middle of the field open. The wide 9 is also a problem. This technique leaves big running lanes and therefore you need good LB's. LB is the biggest weakness on the team.

Last but not least, they need to draft better. They've done a great job bringing in FA's and in trades but other than offensive skill positions, they've drafted poorly- espescially on defense and O-line.

This is still a talented team. They could go 9-2 the rest of the way and make the playoffs but I wouldn't bet money on it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:22 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

longtimefan wrote:
Eagles are not going to win until they get a coach who understands that you need an offensive line. Now without Jimmy Johnson the defence can't carry them.

The O-line hasn't been great but the offense is still racking up 4-500 yards per game, just breaking down in the RZ and turning it over too much. Pittsburgh won a super bowl and lost another with one of the worst O-lines in the league. So it can be done if you coach to your strengths. Every team has weaknesses.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:22 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

hotrodney wrote:
They could go 9-2 the rest of the way and make the playoffs.

Not with Vick at qb!!! I said it a long time ago they traded the wrong qb. :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4:

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:11 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I am sort neutral on the Vick thing(although I think he was given a contract that no one his age should be given) but no qb will play well if he is constantly running for his life. Vick is good at creating something from nothing but it needs to be the exception rather than having to try it as often as he has been. Passes wouldn't tipped as often if there aren't guys getting to him as much.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Couldn't help myself.... :laughing7:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:34 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Nice Cover

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:41 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

There was no hurry in signing vick. Another management boo boo. The boy was clearly still "hood". He has his money now.

Bass - Giants killed me also. I had a bad feeling....and didn't follow it.

By chance does anyone think taking an O-line coach and making him D-coordinator helped? This team hasn't been the same since JJ died. He could make strawberry pie out of chicken turds.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:50 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

JNR6 wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

Not with Vick at qb!!! I said it a long time ago they traded the wrong qb. :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4:

Yeah Kolb is really tearing it up in Arizona. That must be why the fans out there are calling for him to be benched. Meanwhile Vick has passed for 900 yards and rushed for 150 the last 2 games with very little protection. Yep it's the QB. :thehand:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:12 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

hotrodney wrote:
JNR6 wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

Yeah Kolb is really tearing it up in Arizona. That must be why the fans out there are calling for him to be benched. Meanwhile Vick has passed for 900 yards and rushed for 150 the last 2 games with very little protection. Yep it's the QB. :thehand:

You will never and I say never win a Supper Bowl with a running qb. That run first and throw last mentally will never work. BTW how many times has Vick been replaced this year because of injury?
I looked up the stats for both qbs and here they are.

Vick age 31 has completed 105 passes in 169 att for 1336 yds and 8 tds to 7 ints 85.3 rating
Vick has been sacked 7 times.
Kolb age 24 has completed 101 passes in 172 att for 1281 yds and 5 tds to 6 ints 77.2 rating
Kolb has been sacked 16 times. So who is running for there life?

Looks to me like they are pretty even. Vick being older and wiser :cwm4: :cwm4: Should know where not to throw the ball. Not only that but Vick has a lot more talent surrounding him than Kolb....I am talking overall talent from A to Z. I will say it again give me Kolb over Vick anyday!!! More of an upside with Kolb youth is on his side plus he is a pocket passer!!
I hate to tell it to you but the dream team is more like a nightmare!!! They have so many things to fix on defense and on offense that I am sure Andy Reid doesn't know where to start!!

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:20 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Just an FYI here .... 3rd all-time on the list of quarterback rushing leaders (behind Vick and Randall Cunningham) is Steve Young ... 722 rushes, 4,239 yards and 43 touchdowns. I'd say that dispells the myth of not winning a super bowl with a running quarterback.

Here's the list:

1. Michael Vick 4,948
2. Randall Cunningham 4,928
3. Steve Young 4,239
4. Fran Tarkenton 3,674
5. Steve McNair 3,590
6. Donovan McNabb 3,455
7. John Elway 3,407
8. Kordell Stewart 2,874
9. Jim Harbaugh 2,787
10 Greg Landry 2,655