Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: James Harrison
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:17 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Suspended one game for a helmet to helmet hit. I am glad the league is tired of talking to this guy!! Hit him where it hurts!!

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Post subject: Re: James Harrison
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

The game is played so much faster then your old tube tv shows. Thank goodness that wasn't Tebow he hit or he would have been out of the league.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ya know..... I overheard two Steelers fans talking about this situation and at WHAT POINT do you snap out in the middle of the following two comments about the James Harrison hit:

Steeler Fan #1: "Look at that, he didn't even hit with his helmet!!! Whats the reason for the penalty??"

Steeler Fan #2: "The NFL and the officials need to quit picking on James Harrison."

:ahhhh:

Again, Steeler fans just NEVER think their team, coaches, players do ANYTHING wrong. On top of it, they believe they deserve every break in the NFL. Just sickening.....

"T-o-p-l-e-s-s.... TOPLESS!!"

"Take a nice cool drink..."

2014 Race Counter

Big Diamond - 1
Grandview - 6
Kutztown - 1
Lanco - 4
Lincoln - 1
Port Royal - 2
Reading Fairgrounds - 1
Shellhammers - 1
Williams Grove - 7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:38 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

The funny thing, Steeler haters, is that this was his first personal foul penalty in 16 games. Yes haters, 16 games. Check for yourself. Now tell me how that should be a suspension. If anyone else in the league did that they would have been flagged and fined, but not him, no sir. So if you have a past history of hard hits but haven't done anything wrong in 16 games how is it fair you would get a suspension. Hmmmmmm. They do target the Steelers because they have always been a hard hitting team and thankfully always will be. I see illegal hits all the time while watching my NFL Sunday Ticket every week. Hell, half don't get flagged and most don't get fined. Tell me how it is for safety, uh, no I don't think so. If it is for safety how is it that a helmet to helmet hit on a running back carrying the ball is okey dokey but god forbid you do it to a receiver or QB. So that being said how would that be in the name of safety. It's not. It is Goodell and his tinky winky trying to show people he is the big boss man. Sure wish the old commish was still around. Nonetheless, 10-3 baby and looking for more. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :broccoli:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 pm 
Legend
Legend

SO after 16 games pass, the slate gets wiped clean? Like points on a drivers license? LOL!

Guy got fined 4 times for illegal hits last year by the league. 5 illegal hits on QBs in under 3 seasons. Maybe he should learn to play within the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:23 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

lefty wrote:
SO after 16 games pass, the slate gets wiped clean? Like points on a drivers license? LOL!

Guy got fined 4 times for illegal hits last year by the league. 5 illegal hits on QBs in under 3 seasons. Maybe he should learn to play within the rules.

Don't bring up facts to Steeler fans!!! They are a lot like Harrison...always confused...when it comes to illegal hits!!

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:56 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

lefty wrote:
play within the rules.

And herein lies the entire problem with the "new" NFL.

Football, it's a violent sport. This is not the ballet. . .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 am 
Legend
Legend

pennracefan wrote:
Sure wish the old commish was still around.

Tagliabue's No Fun League?

Your having delusions of grandeur.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:23 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

It is very simple...if you are a defensive player and you lead with your helmet to make a hit on the offensive player...you will get fined. Then when the league is tired of fining...like in the Harrison case...they will suspend you. How many times has he been fined for the same thing.....suspension was deserved in this case.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I'm not sure who the player is who said it but I agree with him. "Take the face gaurds off the helmets and it will stop the leading with the helmet hits."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 am 
Legend
Legend

Ditka has been saying that for a few years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

pennracefan wrote:
The funny thing, Steeler haters, is that this was his first personal foul penalty in 16 games. Yes haters, 16 games. Check for yourself. Now tell me how that should be a suspension. If anyone else in the league did that they would have been flagged and fined, but not him, no sir. So if you have a past history of hard hits but haven't done anything wrong in 16 games how is it fair you would get a suspension. Hmmmmmm. They do target the Steelers because they have always been a hard hitting team and thankfully always will be. I see illegal hits all the time while watching my NFL Sunday Ticket every week. Hell, half don't get flagged and most don't get fined. Tell me how it is for safety, uh, no I don't think so. If it is for safety how is it that a helmet to helmet hit on a running back carrying the ball is okey dokey but god forbid you do it to a receiver or QB. So that being said how would that be in the name of safety. It's not. It is Goodell and his tinky winky trying to show people he is the big boss man. Sure wish the old commish was still around. Nonetheless, 10-3 baby and looking for more. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got through halfway thru the 2nd sentence in this "whine and cheese" rant, and I said to myself.... "must be a Steelers "nut hugger"......... :cwm4:

I am not a Steelers hater, I just call it like I see it. Like it or not, your team was the ONLY team that needed 16 variations of wins and losses from certain teams in the final week of the regular season back a few years ago to make the playoffs. The Steelers got every break in the book, (Not to mention the 2005 Super Bowl), and MADE THE POST SEASON.

Just face the facts, James Harrison is about as much of an idiot as Ndamukong Suh in having "knowledge" of how to play the game of football.

The End.

2014 Race Counter

Big Diamond - 1
Grandview - 6
Kutztown - 1
Lanco - 4
Lincoln - 1
Port Royal - 2
Reading Fairgrounds - 1
Shellhammers - 1
Williams Grove - 7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:37 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Dickmagnet;

Anyone that says James Harrison doesn't know how to play football is clearly an idiot. The fact is, he is true blue tough *** football player. They have changed the game such that you only have about a 1 foot area where you can hit the quarterback. He was taught to tackle the way he does and for the speed of the game, it is difficult to change "in the moment" reactions. Some of his hits have been illegal and should be fine. THere are some he got fined for that I clearly didn't see how it was his fault due to the offensive player moving upon impending impact.

By the way, I personally liked the hit on McCoy. He will never forget that. lol

If you don't like it, stop watching. The only reason the rules were changed is because of the lawsuit that is coming from former NFL players on concussions. The league is about as hypocritcal as it gets. They want to reduce contact but wanted to add 2 games to the schedule.

Either way, James harrison isn't going to change so you need to deal with it. Watch other games and you will see the same type hits go unnoticed, not penalized and certainly not fined. Guaranteed!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

James Harrison doesn't offend me, nor again am I a hater of his play.

His hits are and I quote..... "It is, what it is."

Think about it, everyone here is complaining about the hit that James Harrison laid on Colt McCoy. From an offensive POV, a player that comes to mind (and think back in the beginning of the season when he had his "meetings" with Roger Goodell), is Michael Vick.

Once he was hit and out for a bit, the next time he came back, and ANY time he was REMOTELY CLOSE to being hit AFTER a pass...... it was called "roughing the quarterback". Even if the ball just left a second before the hit by the defensive player. The referees were still calling ticky tack "roughing the quarterback" calls to SAVE players @sses.

Furthermore, I have a friend who complains about the violence not being allowed in the NFL and all of the rule changes to make it flag football. Instead of complaining, I have a simple solution.....

.....just watch hockey. Violence is allowed in that sport.

2014 Race Counter

Big Diamond - 1
Grandview - 6
Kutztown - 1
Lanco - 4
Lincoln - 1
Port Royal - 2
Reading Fairgrounds - 1
Shellhammers - 1
Williams Grove - 7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:43 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

longtimefan wrote:
I'm not sure who the player is who said it but I agree with him. "Take the face gaurds off the helmets and it will stop the leading with the helmet hits."

so harrison couldve gone helmet first in mccoys face instead of his facemask? yes, that wouldve been much better..