Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: Penn State topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:02 pm 
Racer
Racer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XjPbzNZ-nA

Did ESPN do anything wrong when they didn't release this tape 8 YEARS AGO when it was given to them?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:34 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I have been reading some things lately which make me think when the whole story gets told some of haters will have some crow to eat. Among others is an article by Walter Uhler on opednews.com.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:30 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Nugs.....Do I think espn should have rand the Bernie Fine story 8 years ago? No, I don't and here is why. First they do not investigate stories. There is a little bit of a difference between the Fine case and the Sandusky case. With the Fine case only one accuser came forward and the tape that was given to espn was very low quality and you couldn't tell who was speaking on the phone for sure. In order to run a story like that you need more than one source! Jim B also didn't know anything about it and for right now I have no reason not to believe him. BTW I don't like Syracuse in basketball or football....I like there rival in basketball...Georgetown!!

Now lets take a look at the PSU crime. Multiple times Sandusky gets caught and there are witnesses that testified 4 janitors and Mcqueary. At least 8 maybe 9 victims have come forward. Joe Paternos own testimony said he was told there was something of a s-x--l nature going on. Here is another big difference Joe knew about it and he is the most powerful man at PSU or any college for that matter. Joe should have made a pain out of himself by aking Curley or Schultz if they reported it yet....I do know one thing Joe is good at making a pain out of himself I have seen him do it over and over again in the years he coached!! If he really wants something to happen....it will because he will talk about it until it happens. This was all in house and under Joes watch and he knew about it. Where espn is a tv channel and without multiple sources can't run a story like that ....they could get sued if they did because they didn't have enough proof. Espn has no link to Syracuse except reporting sports scores!!

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:00 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

longtimefan wrote:
I have been reading some things lately which make me think when the whole story gets told some of haters will have some crow to eat. Among others is an article by Walter Uhler on opednews.com.

Time will tell but don't count on it Joe knew and he even says so in the grand jury report!! Why didn't Joe hit the roof when he found out?

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:01 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

One of the things said in the article I mentioned was that Joe insisted that McQueary meet with Shultz as well as Curley to tell him his story. With Shultz being in charge of the campus police the police were told. I don't believe any police department keeps people outside the department informed as to what is going on in an investigation. Sometimes things take a lot of time so I doubt anyone outside the police department knew what was being done. Yes I know a lot of time passed and agree mistakes were made. The biggest was allowing Sandusky on campus but I am not sure what the legal issues would be there without a conviction. I just think most of the blame has been misplaced. I also think many appointed themselves judge, jury, and executioner in this case way too quickly. I think many overestimate Joe's power with the university at the time. When this was going on many were working for Joe's outster and you only need to look at the contract that Ohio State just offered their new coach compared to what Joe has been paid to see how he stayed. It wasn't because he has been running the place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:15 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

So because Joe acknowledged it and Boeheim (sp?) didn't it makes Boeheim more correct? How could Boeheim not know? This is an ACTIVE coach in his program with a tape that was provided to ESPN. You don't think he knew? Come on..... you're not really that naive are you?? This is more under his watch than Joe... Sandusky wasn't even a coach on his staff when this went down.
Boeheim even came out supporting Fine and said this was just people piggy-backing off the PSU scandal for money.... That's worse than what Spanier said about Curley and Shultz who weren't even the suspects.
Boeheim did know about this the first time it was brought up and thought it was settled behind his back. Thought it was coming back now because of PSU and these people were now looking to cash in on it.
Boeheim has also had NCAA violations on his record. In 1992 "There were repeated and conscious efforts by representatives of the university's athletic interests to gain recruiting and competitive advantages for the men's basketball program."
These cost them the NCAA postseason tournament in 1993 and 2 years of probation.

Last edited by GasNGo on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:26 am 
Racer
Racer

JNR6 wrote:
Nugs.....Do I think espn should have rand the Bernie Fine story 8 years ago? No, I don't and here is why. First they do not investigate stories. There is a little bit of a difference between the Fine case and the Sandusky case. With the Fine case only one accuser came forward and the tape that was given to espn was very low quality and you couldn't tell who was speaking on the phone for sure. In order to run a story like that you need more than one source! Jim B also didn't know anything about it and for right now I have no reason not to believe him. BTW I don't like Syracuse in basketball or football....I like there rival in basketball...Georgetown!!

Now lets take a look at the PSU crime. Multiple times Sandusky gets caught and there are witnesses that testified 4 janitors and Mcqueary. At least 8 maybe 9 victims have come forward. Joe Paternos own testimony said he was told there was something of a s-x--l nature going on. Here is another big difference Joe knew about it and he is the most powerful man at PSU or any college for that matter. Joe should have made a pain out of himself by aking Curley or Schultz if they reported it yet....I do know one thing Joe is good at making a pain out of himself I have seen him do it over and over again in the years he coached!! If he really wants something to happen....it will because he will talk about it until it happens. This was all in house and under Joes watch and he knew about it. Where espn is a tv channel and without multiple sources can't run a story like that ....they could get sued if they did because they didn't have enough proof. Espn has no link to Syracuse except reporting sports scores!!

Are you serious? Jim Boeheim didn't know that his assistant coach was sleeping with the Syracuse ball boys(no pun intended)? Boeheim went to Bernie Fines' room on road trips to go over game strategy only to see naked Fine and half naked kids in the room!! He didn't know, my arse! He is now retracting his statements that these guys are liars and only after money! ESPN could've very well investigated this situation when BERNIE FINES' wife handed over the tape to them to find out how true it really was. How much more of a source do you need besides the mans wife? The funniest part is, she was sleeping with the kid too! Isn't that what ESPN is, a news source that invertigates to get to the bottom of what is correct and what is not?

Joe Paterno is going on the same thing ESPN went on.....hearsay! Someone gave ESPN a tape admitting what was going on. Paterno was told by McQueary that it looked like something of a sexual nature was going on. Same situation, HEARSAY! You keep saying that Joe knew this and Joe knew that. After the first incident he only knew what he was told by others.

I personally believe that all this will deteriorate Joe so badly that by the time it all goes to trial, or ends, he'll be dead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:07 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

JNR6 wrote:
Nugs.....Do I think espn should have rand the Bernie Fine story 8 years ago? No, I don't and here is why. First they do not investigate stories.

Feel free to watch ESPN and look at their website. ESPN has been recognized as a leader in investigative journalism. They have a shows dedicated to such.. Outside the Lines, The Sports Reporters, etc, a dedicated network called ESPN News, they have reporters in every corner of the country digging up news, etc, etc, etc. News stories run all day long on ESPN.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:58 am 
Legend
Legend

E60 is the best show on the planet. :pinkelephant:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:31 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

After reading and hearing about the testimony yesterday.....Paterno is almost as sick as Sandusky!! Joe keep slumping in the chair and do very little to help the young boys...way to go Joe!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:30 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Things supposedly aren't looking good for Joe. Maybe you can soon go p!ss on his grave for something someone else did and then feel better.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:55 pm 
Racer
Racer

JNR6 wrote:
After reading and hearing about the testimony yesterday.....Paterno is almost as sick as Sandusky!! Joe keep slumping in the chair and do very little to help the young boys...way to go Joe!!

But yet again, did NOTHING criminally wrong. :idea: And yadda yadda yadda, he morally didn't do the right thing. :crybaby: :crybaby:

No matter what you say or do, I highly doubt you will make people change their minds. I still believe McQueary is a shady readheaded douchebag who has lied about alot of things. He has changed his story countless times....this coming from ESPN and abc27 news(the only stations I watch).

longtimefan wrote:
Things supposedly aren't looking good for Joe. Maybe you can soon go p!ss on his grave for something someone else did and then feel better.

I have heard his cancer is not good, which it's spreading and his hip may never heal correctly after his fall. I hate to say it, but I believe he will be gone sooner than later.

Where has all the Syracuse and Citadel accusations gone?

Post subject: u
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:39 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

BigNugs87 wrote:
JNR6 wrote:

But yet again, did NOTHING criminally wrong. :idea: And yadda yadda yadda, he morally didn't do the right thing. :crybaby: :crybaby:

No matter what you say or do, I highly doubt you will make people change their minds. I still believe McQueary is a shady readheaded douchebag who has lied about alot of things. He has changed his story countless times....this coming from ESPN and abc27 news(the only stations I watch).

longtimefan wrote:

I have heard his cancer is not good, which it's spreading and his hip may never heal correctly after his fall. I hate to say it, but I believe he will be gone sooner than later.

Where has all the Syracuse and Citadel accusations gone?

I don't care what McQueary says elsewhere....I only care what he says under oath. I don't care what he texted his friends...that has no meaning on this case!! I only care what was said after he took his oath!!

I havn't had time to follow the Syracuse case lately I have been to busy with other things!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:41 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

longtimefan wrote:

I just call them as I see them and Joe is just as much at fault as anyone for what happened after he first reported to him!!!...back in 2002!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:12 am 
Racer
Racer

JNR6 wrote:
I don't care what McQueary says elsewhere....I only care what he says under oath. I don't care what he texted his friends...that has no meaning on this case!! I only care what was said after he took his oath!!

I havn't had time to follow the Syracuse case lately I have been to busy with other things!!!

Two complete testimonies bud. The report and what he testified on Friday were different.

JNR6 wrote:
I just call them as I see them and Joe is just as much at fault as anyone for what happened after he first reported to him!!!...back in 2002!!

Coach Paterno or not, if it is rape or sodomy, you tell the person what you did or think you saw. McQueary tells Curley/Schultz, the grand jury and now testifies on Friday that that is what it was he saw.....but doesn't tell Paterno EXACTLY what he saw and Paterno is the bad guy?

You believe what you want but I'm telling you, he admits that he did NOT tell Paterno the truth of what he saw and ADMITS that what he told Paterno was different from what he reported to Curley and Schultz.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next