Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Today in Philly
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:56 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ChickmagnetRacing wrote:
I could give two sh*ts less if they beat Dallas twice in the same season.

It is their fans who constantly run their mouths (win, loss, or multiple losses in a row), fans who at 3 and 8 want the entire coaching staff fired, now 6-8 believe they can get in the playoffs, and an organization who went out and spent a boat load of money for "talent" and got nothing in return.

Let me tell you something Eagles fans, you wanted Andy Reid out of there a few weeks ago against the Patriots. Mark it down, the Eagles go 8-8, Andy Reid will be your head coach next season. All of the coaching will stay in tact.

....and the hampster will keep spinning the wheel like the year prior.

Oh yeah it's only eagle fans who run their mouths about their favorite team. :roll:

Of course Reid will be back next year. That's what winning games does...saves your job.
Reid was never gonna be fired after this year to begin with, not after one losing season with all the success the team has had under his tenure, which is the longest in the league. He also has 2 years left on his contract so they are gonna give him at least one more year regardless. I don't think Juan Castillo will be back next year however.

Look at the Giants. They were talking last week about Coughlin being on the hot seat. A super bowl winning coach just a few years ago and one that knows how to draft well(unlike Reid). How ridiculous is that?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:08 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

hotrodney wrote:
The Eagles have 3 NFL Championships with the last coming in 1960. They have won more games and division championships than any NFC East team in the past decade and have been to a SB and 5 NFC Championship games since the last time Dallas or Washington has won ANYTHING.

:cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4:

Thanks for the ancient history lesson!!! But how many Super Bowls have they won? 0 Well the Cowboys have 5 and the Giants and the Redskins have 3 each. So in the last 51 years the Eagles have won nothing!!!! If you don't win the Super Bowl you havn't done anything. Sorry Eagle fans you can always say what you do every year at this time. WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:12 pm 
Legend
Legend

hotrodney wrote:
I don't think Juan Castillo will be back next year however.

I'll bet $5 with you on that and I'll bet you another $5 he'll return as the defensive cord.

Go PACK Go!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:48 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

The Eagle's championships would also qualify for the what have you done for me lately phrase but they are NFL championships. I get a kick out of people who think pro football started when they started calling the championship game the Superbowl. Along that line I have never been a Packer fan but they are the all time leader in championships.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:04 am 
Legend
Legend

Possibly why they dont call it the Rooney Trophy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:37 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me that the eagles haven't won a championship in my lifetime but they are still my team regardless and at least they have mostly been good for the last few decades. It's been 15 years for the boyz and even longer for the skins, not what I'd call recent either.

I always root for the local/PA teams so I'll be pulling for the Steelers now that the Eagles are done, not with the same passion however.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:53 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sea Bass wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

I'll bet $5 with you on that and I'll bet you another $5 he'll return as the defensive cord.

Go PACK Go!

He may have saved his job too but I think the Eagles will try to get Spagnoula. Eagles D was much improved at the end of the season but they weren't exactly playing against good offenses either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:17 pm 
Legend
Legend

I'll take that as a "no" on the wager then. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

hotrodney wrote:
I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me that the eagles haven't won a championship in my lifetime but they are still my team regardless and at least they have mostly been good for the last few decades. It's been 15 years for the boyz and even longer for the skins, not what I'd call recent either.

I always root for the local/PA teams so I'll be pulling for the Steelers now that the Eagles are done, not with the same passion however.

Well I can say the Cowboys won 5 Super Bowls in my life

The last time the Eagles won something like the Championship was in 1960 so in order to remember it you would have to be around 60 years old!! :thumbleft:

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:38 pm 
Legend
Legend

The Cowboys have also lost more SB then the Iggles.

Green Bay equals Titletown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:29 am 
Legend
Legend

hotrodney wrote:
Sea Bass wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

Go PACK Go!

He may have saved his job too but I think the Eagles will try to get Spagnoula. Eagles D was much improved at the end of the season but they weren't exactly playing against good offenses either.

Bad call Hot Rod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:12 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sea Bass wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

Bad call Hot Rod

Yep and a bad decision by Reid I'm afraid.