PSU v UVa

Discuss anything to do with Sports.
Joe
Rookie
Rookie

PSU v UVa

Post by Joe » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:23 am

Is anyone making the trek south for the game? If so, stop and say hi if you see me. I am a long-time UVa season ticket holder & I am surely the only one with Lucas Wolfe Beer Hill Gang cornhole boards.

Go Hoos!

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: PSU v UVa

Post by BStrawser26 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:08 pm

That game made me :(
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:21 am

I hope they make that place kicker walk home so he doesn't make it in time for the next game.

filmguy
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by filmguy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:06 am

Felt very bad for the young kicker. Not sure if I felt worse for his kicking skills or that beak of a nose he was sporting on National TV. Poor guy. :doh:
Hoodie Hotline 1-888-GOD-XXXL

Joe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Joe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:27 am

Folks, that was a very gritty game yesterday. Neither played well, but both teams played their hearts out. Yes, your kicker stinks & if he was any good, you would have won easily. But, UVa also had 4 turnovers, 3 giving the ball to you in the red zone. UVa also had 10 penalties. Penn St.'s front 7 on D is very good & will keep you in most games.

Penn St. had a great fan turn out & all that I met were great fans who seemed to be enjoying Charlottesville. I look forward to making the trip to State College next year. When UVa played there about 10 years ago, it was one of best college football road trips I have ever made. The game was great, the fans were great & I enjoyed the stadium.

See you at the races and see you in State College next year!

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:22 pm

longtimefan wrote:I hope they make that place kicker walk home so he doesn't make it in time for the next game.
:ohyeah: I guess losing the kicker to transfer might have been a bigger loss than Redd or Brown.

It was a pleasant surprise to see the Lions play so well against a good UVa team, outplayed them most of the game I thought, but a W would have been much better. The PSU WR's need to get some stick'em for their hands. That throw from Bench at the end of the 1st half went right through the WR's hands in the end zone.

I didn't get the play before the game ending FG attempt. I know you wanna get the ball in the center of the field but can't you do that by running it up the middle and maybe gaining a couple yards instead of having the QB drop back and lose 5 yards making it a longer kick? Probably wouldn't have mattered but still.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:39 pm

I think some of it has to go on the coaches. It was obviously not that kickers day they surely have someone else who can kick the ball.