Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PSU v UVa
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:23 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Is anyone making the trek south for the game? If so, stop and say hi if you see me. I am a long-time UVa season ticket holder & I am surely the only one with Lucas Wolfe Beer Hill Gang cornhole boards.

Go Hoos!

Post subject: Re: PSU v UVa
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:08 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

That game made me :(

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:21 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I hope they make that place kicker walk home so he doesn't make it in time for the next game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:06 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Felt very bad for the young kicker. Not sure if I felt worse for his kicking skills or that beak of a nose he was sporting on National TV. Poor guy. :doh:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:27 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Folks, that was a very gritty game yesterday. Neither played well, but both teams played their hearts out. Yes, your kicker stinks & if he was any good, you would have won easily. But, UVa also had 4 turnovers, 3 giving the ball to you in the red zone. UVa also had 10 penalties. Penn St.'s front 7 on D is very good & will keep you in most games.

Penn St. had a great fan turn out & all that I met were great fans who seemed to be enjoying Charlottesville. I look forward to making the trip to State College next year. When UVa played there about 10 years ago, it was one of best college football road trips I have ever made. The game was great, the fans were great & I enjoyed the stadium.

See you at the races and see you in State College next year!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:22 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

longtimefan wrote:
I hope they make that place kicker walk home so he doesn't make it in time for the next game.

:ohyeah: I guess losing the kicker to transfer might have been a bigger loss than Redd or Brown.

It was a pleasant surprise to see the Lions play so well against a good UVa team, outplayed them most of the game I thought, but a W would have been much better. The PSU WR's need to get some stick'em for their hands. That throw from Bench at the end of the 1st half went right through the WR's hands in the end zone.

I didn't get the play before the game ending FG attempt. I know you wanna get the ball in the center of the field but can't you do that by running it up the middle and maybe gaining a couple yards instead of having the QB drop back and lose 5 yards making it a longer kick? Probably wouldn't have mattered but still.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:39 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I think some of it has to go on the coaches. It was obviously not that kickers day they surely have someone else who can kick the ball.