URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Discuss old school racing
Post Reply
User avatar
LEE GREENAWALT
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4899
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:

URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by LEE GREENAWALT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Our first and only trip to Lebanon Valley Speedway New York 1976 when dad was URC's official photographer, we used to travel every weekend with the club. I have most of the names, there's a couple I can't find or remember, so feel free to fill in the blanks. enjoy! more will be posted keep watching!

CARL SCHROTH-CHARLES DUMA-LARRY DEVAGLIO-SCAS ANFUSO-**** WESTFALL-LOUIS KUNZ-MICKEY MCGROUGH

Image

ED WYLIE

Image

16 ROBINSON-2 BENJAMIN-20 GOLLUB

Image

15 HANSCOM-75 SCHROTH

Image

?

Image

?

Image


3 BILL WENTZ SR-38 CHARLIE SVETEC-29 GERRY DANEKER-2 HARRY BENJAMIN

Image
LEE GREENAWALT PHOTOGRAPHY
LANCASTER, PENN.
rmarlin65@yahoo.com
check me out on Facebook too!
Staff photographer for Area Auto Racing News!.

Image

99
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:52 pm
Location: Enola, PA

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by 99 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Awesome photo's

User avatar
supertc88
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14713
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: PA POSSE Country

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by supertc88 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:07 pm

NICE pictures! :thumbright: :clap:
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

User avatar
uncle geek
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 am

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by uncle geek » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:19 pm

:thumbleft: :clap: :thumbright:
2016, What a long strange trip.

User avatar
LEE GREENAWALT
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4899
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by LEE GREENAWALT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:47 pm

round 2, enjoy!

JERRY CONNORS JR

Image

ALAN PURDY

Image

?

Image

SCHROTH

Image

20 GARY GOLLUB-71 BILL WENTZ JR

Image

38 CHARLIE SVETEC-18 ED WYLIE

Image

?

Image


16 GERRY ROBISON-24 CONNORS

Image

2 BENJAMIN-38 SVETEC-1 KELLY-3 WENTZ SR

Image
LEE GREENAWALT PHOTOGRAPHY
LANCASTER, PENN.
rmarlin65@yahoo.com
check me out on Facebook too!
Staff photographer for Area Auto Racing News!.

Image

User avatar
supertc88
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14713
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: PA POSSE Country

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by supertc88 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 pm

NICE ones! :thumbright: :clap:
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

Jim Maxson
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by Jim Maxson » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 pm

The 96 was owned by my Dad, Don Maxson and driven by Jack Adair. I had no pictures of that car from Lebanon Valley. I got a call today that pics had surfaced on this board. It was nice to see those pics. I went on to be a car owner,and we ran Kars 358's in the 2c and 4J with my great friend Billy Courtwright. We also raced URC with Billy in a Blue 4J. I crew with with the Gilmore boys in ARDC when I get free time. Again Thanks for posting the pics. Jim Maxson 4J.

User avatar
crzee_27
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: Lititz

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by crzee_27 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Thanks for posting these memories Lee.
IIRC, the Howie #19 is Wayne Reutemann, though Jimmy Winks often drove the car in N.Y.
I think the Sachs #18 is Bill Force. I know in the background and over Bill's shoulder is former LANCO micro champ Jim Kramer talking to Wentz,JR. The guy working on the tire is yours truely.
life is a garden ,DIG IT!!!!!!

User avatar
DavidM
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6882
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:05 pm
Location: Ellicott City
Contact:

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by DavidM » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:25 am

Great series of pics Lee! Thanks for sharing with us! :thumbright:
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

User avatar
LEE GREENAWALT
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4899
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by LEE GREENAWALT » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 pm

crzee_27 wrote:Thanks for posting these memories Lee.
IIRC, the Howie #19 is Wayne Reutemann, though Jimmy Winks often drove the car in N.Y.
I think the Sachs #18 is Bill Force. I know in the background and over Bill's shoulder is former LANCO micro champ Jim Kramer talking to Wentz,JR. The guy working on the tire is yours truely.
Are you sure about the 19, didn't Wayne always use a open face helment, plus this was a Saturday night race and I thought Wayne was running at Orange County in the M1 or the 666 at the time? But I thought the same thing that he was in the 19?
LEE GREENAWALT PHOTOGRAPHY
LANCASTER, PENN.
rmarlin65@yahoo.com
check me out on Facebook too!
Staff photographer for Area Auto Racing News!.

Image

User avatar
crzee_27
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: Lititz

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by crzee_27 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:55 pm

LEE GREENAWALT wrote:
crzee_27 wrote:Thanks for posting these memories Lee.
IIRC, the Howie #19 is Wayne Reutemann, though Jimmy Winks often drove the car in N.Y.
I think the Sachs #18 is Bill Force. I know in the background and over Bill's shoulder is former LANCO micro champ Jim Kramer talking to Wentz,JR. The guy working on the tire is yours truely.
Are you sure about the 19, didn't Wayne always use a open face helment, plus this was a Saturday night race and I thought Wayne was running at Orange County in the M1 or the 666 at the time? But I thought the same thing that he was in the 19?

No not sure at all, Lee. I'll dig out the URC year book and see if it has the answer.
life is a garden ,DIG IT!!!!!!

User avatar
LEE GREENAWALT
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4899
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by LEE GREENAWALT » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:55 am

crzee_27 wrote:
LEE GREENAWALT wrote:
crzee_27 wrote:Thanks for posting these memories Lee.
IIRC, the Howie #19 is Wayne Reutemann, though Jimmy Winks often drove the car in N.Y.
I think the Sachs #18 is Bill Force. I know in the background and over Bill's shoulder is former LANCO micro champ Jim Kramer talking to Wentz,JR. The guy working on the tire is yours truely.
Are you sure about the 19, didn't Wayne always use a open face helment, plus this was a Saturday night race and I thought Wayne was running at Orange County in the M1 or the 666 at the time? But I thought the same thing that he was in the 19?

No not sure at all, Lee. I'll dig out the URC year book and see if it has the answer.
I looked at the yearbook, doesn't help. :thinking: any other thoughts :dontknow:
LEE GREENAWALT PHOTOGRAPHY
LANCASTER, PENN.
rmarlin65@yahoo.com
check me out on Facebook too!
Staff photographer for Area Auto Racing News!.

Image

User avatar
crzee_27
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: Lititz

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by crzee_27 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:23 pm

As I recall the Howie car never had a 'permanent' driver. They would get a shoe from what ever track URC was at that week. The Howie 19 that raced recently in 358, 360, and 410 competition would be the same people I think. That team posted on here semi often. I don't recall the board name.
life is a garden ,DIG IT!!!!!!

User avatar
LEE GREENAWALT
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4899
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by LEE GREENAWALT » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:22 pm

crzee_27 wrote:As I recall the Howie car never had a 'permanent' driver. They would get a shoe from what ever track URC was at that week. The Howie 19 that raced recently in 358, 360, and 410 competition would be the same people I think. That team posted on here semi often. I don't recall the board name.
I kind of figured that too, don't remember see the same driver to many times.
LEE GREENAWALT PHOTOGRAPHY
LANCASTER, PENN.
rmarlin65@yahoo.com
check me out on Facebook too!
Staff photographer for Area Auto Racing News!.

Image

62xracer
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: URC at Lebanon Valley New York 1976!

Post by 62xracer » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Sacks 81 is Bill Force, Howie 19, the helmet looks like Jim Shampine.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests