Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hamilton 77
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:43 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I saw a picture on Sammy Swindels facebook page of him in the Hamilton 77. My question is when and how long did Sammy drive the Hamilton 77. Thanks Rick.S.

Post subject: Re: Hamilton 77
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

bdhwg69 wrote:
I saw a picture on Sammy Swindels facebook page of him in the Hamilton 77. My question is when and how long did Sammy drive the Hamilton 77. Thanks Rick.S.

:thumbleft: Good question. Al put him in it for the national open if memory serves me correct he looked and drove like crap. Sammy did not want or feel like driveing the car for what ever reason. Fact is I lost all respect for Sammy that day yes he can drive however he try'd to make an *** out of a great car owner like him not Al fielded great equipement he expected to win and really pushed hard to do so some driver could take some could not. Sammy acted and was an *** that day. I seen this first hand if I an wrong about that it was the national open was a few years ago. I think before Lance was in it however not certian any more. I lost all respect for Sammy on this day so I did.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:06 am 
Rookie
Rookie

You are right Jimmy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 am 
Rookie
Rookie

isn't that the time that Al hired him to drove the car for the weekend , drove it fri and Al put someone else in the car on Sat , but i can't remeber who he put in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:13 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I found another picture, thanks to Google, of the same dated 7/21/2006. Must have been a one night outlaw show deal ? :dontknow:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:27 am 
Racer
Racer

Sammy was Hired and fired all in one night. If memory serves me correct It was Todd Shaffer who finished out the night in the 77. (The crowed went nuts with cheers after learning Todd was in the car)...........

Then At the end of the season.Fred Rahmer was in the car and finished out the 2006 season with a win at Lincoln. The same year Hodnett moved to the 22 from the 77 Leaving Freddie Rideless for the end of the year. (The reason Fred was in the 77)

Here is Fred and Greg at Octoberfest.

Last edited by SLINKMASTERC on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:30 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Yeah that's who it was Todd filled in

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:45 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wrong. After Sammy quit that night, Al put Lance in the car and he started last in the B and qualified for the A main getting 4th on the last lap. I believe he made it into the top 10(or pretty close) in the A main. I'm pretty sure it was the National Open, although it may have been another WOO show. Lance had mechanical issues that night in the 25 and had scratched and then Al needed a driver after the Swindler quit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:02 pm 
Racer
Racer

hotrodney wrote:
Wrong. After Sammy quit that night, Al put Lance in the car and he started last in the B and qualified for the A main getting 4th on the last lap. I believe he made it into the top 10(or pretty close) in the A main. I'm pretty sure it was the National Open, although it may have been another WOO show. Lance had mechanical issues that night in the 25 and had scratched and then Al needed a driver after the Swindler quit.

It was not the National Open........ It was the Summer Nats. 7/21/06 and it Was Todd Shaffer who finished out the night not Lance. Todd was even in the 77 the following weekend, because he ran so well the week before. Actually Todd was in it for a few weeks because Hodnett was hurt and on the Mend. The whole reason Sammy was in the car to begin with. Hodnett was able to get back in the car By the National Open. Putting Shaffer back in the seat of the 88 in time for the National Open.. Lets remember Todd started out the year in the 5w and Stutts was in the 88. Wolfe came back just 3 weeks into the 06 season back to the 5w leaving Shaffer rideless. Shaffer just happened to be in the pits when Sammy was fired. So Al gave Todd the seat. If you check the links below you can see the weeks these changes took place.

Photo from 7/28/06 http://www.pbase.com/greggobst/wmgrove20060728

From 8/4/06

http://www.pbase.com/greggobst/wmgrove20060721

Last edited by SLINKMASTERC on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 pm 
Legend
Legend

Which is it? :thinking:

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 pm 
Racer
Racer

Brent Leach wrote:
Which is it? :thinking:

Got the proof above Brent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

The picture from 7/28/06 is after the night that is in question. The night in question Sammy Swindell was supposed to run the car, but for some reason decided not to run the rest of the night, and Lance Dewease ran the car that night. Then Todd Shaffer became the driver after that night. Dewease qualified the 25 car that night, but had problems with it, and jumped in the 77 car after Swindell was out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/ra ... ceid=16017

Look on these results. It says Lance Dewease finished 16th that night in the Hamilton 77. It also lists Dewease in 29th in the 25 Postupack car. There is the official proof.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Also lists Sammy Swindell as last that night in the Hamilton 77 car. So there is proof. Shaffer I think won at the Grove the following week in the 77 car and ran it the next night, but not the night Swindell was in it. Dewease drove it that night.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:07 pm 
Racer
Racer

VA Mudslinger wrote:
The picture from 7/28/06 is after the night that is in question. The night in question Sammy Swindell was supposed to run the car, but for some reason decided not to run the rest of the night, and Lance Dewease ran the car that night. Then Todd Shaffer became the driver after that night. Dewease qualified the 25 car that night, but had problems with it, and jumped in the 77 car after Swindell was out of it.

:oops: :booboo: I went back to an old issue of AARN and read were it says Lance filled in. :cheers2: