More photo's from the 60s (part 2)

Discuss old school racing
Popboon
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: More photo's from the 60s (part 2)

Post by Popboon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:35 pm

No relation to Charlie Boon, who I never heard of.

I say that, because I started going to the races in the late 1940s.

User avatar
GOSHOW
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6374
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:04 am
Location: DOVER

Re: More photo's from the 60s (part 2)

Post by GOSHOW » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:07 am

My mistake it was Charlie Boone, with an e..Never ran fantastic the records show 3 wins at Susky. He also later owned and operated Boone's Upholstery in York.

User avatar
felix12
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:44 am
Location: Greencastle

Re: More photo's from the 60s (part 2)

Post by felix12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 am

The 53 looks like a Tobias Chassis to me, I tried to find a picture of Toby in one of his cars around that time, and this is all I could find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/****-TOBY-TOBIA ... 484edf2438

I do see similarities!


I don't recall Grimm have one of those.

Popboon wrote:Is it just me, or does the No. 53 "look" like the first Bud Grimm sprinter?
Nothing beats the old points based handicapping system.
Draw and TT shows suck.


2015 Races
Lincoln 4
Susquehanna 2
Williamsgrove Fri 1
Williamsgrove Sat 9
Selinsgrove 2
Hagerstown :(
Big Diamond 1
Path Valley wingless 4
Path Valley 410 1
Port Royal 1 (Super Sportsman show)
Michigan International 1
Richmond International 1

User avatar
1080
Racer
Racer
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Somewhere in Carlisle...
Contact:

Re: More photo's from the 60s (part 2)

Post by 1080 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:16 am

felix12 wrote:The 53 looks like a Tobias Chassis to me, I tried to find a picture of Toby in one of his cars around that time, and this is all I could find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/****-TOBY-TOBIA ... 484edf2438

I do see similarities!


I don't recall Grimm have one of those.

Popboon wrote:Is it just me, or does the No. 53 "look" like the first Bud Grimm sprinter?
I agree on the Tobias thought. The tail paint scheme makes you think the 88. My old neighbor had one of the Tobias 17's and it looked like the 53 as far as the roll cage design.
2016 Attendance

Speed Palace - 20

Susky - 1

User avatar
Al Consoli
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:18 pm

Re: More photo's from the 60s (part 2)

Post by Al Consoli » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 am

1080 wrote:
felix12 wrote:The 53 looks like a Tobias Chassis to me, I tried to find a picture of Toby in one of his cars around that time, and this is all I could find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/****-TOBY-TOBIA ... 484edf2438

I do see similarities!


I don't recall Grimm have one of those.

Popboon wrote:Is it just me, or does the No. 53 "look" like the first Bud Grimm sprinter?
I agree on the Tobias thought. The tail paint scheme makes you think the 88. My old neighbor had one of the Tobias 17's and it looked like the 53 as far as the roll cage design.

Tobias Chassis

Image

grocery1
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: More photo's from the 60s (part 2)

Post by grocery1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 am

The 29 looks like the Arnold car, but don't remember it being that color.

User avatar
crzee_27
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: Lititz

Re: More photo's from the 60s (part 2)

Post by crzee_27 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:24 pm

Before I say the #10 isn't owned by Sam Yoder, I will ask him. That being said, I've known Sam as long as I can remember, he even drove my father's micro and t.q. I know he drove the 10 car, I don't remember him owning a sprint car. He did own his own micro and t.q.. Yoder lives real close by me, I'll have to stop by and say hi and check out whats happening with son Mark's 600 micro season prep.
What is really amazing to me, I don't think Mark ever saw his dad race, yet his driving style is just Like Sam's, real smooth, hard to tell that they are that fast.
life is a garden ,DIG IT!!!!!!

Mr. Port

Re: More photo's from the 60s (part 2)

Post by Mr. Port » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:01 am

grocery1 wrote:The 29 looks like the Arnold car, but don't remember it being that color.
I remember the 29 that Boyd Arnold raced was light blue.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests