Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for pictures from Anthracite speedway and from the early years from Big Diamond can any one help

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

your best bet would be ask AARN for a name of photographer who did events there

some that I knew of that went mike feltenberger probably 79 to 2008 Mike lives in reading pa and goes to the grove on some Fridays

carl hess hamburg pa

rick Neff struastown pa area

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:07 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

There is a group of three guys, of which I am one, that has been collecting pictures and home movies from Anthracite Racway since 1995. We are a non-profit group that is trying to save the memories from days gone by.We are calling our group Coal Region Racing. We have just released five DVDs. Disc 1 is from Anthracite from the late 60's. Disc 2 is also from the late 60's and also movies from Fort Lebanon when they were building the track and also racing on it. Disc 3 is from Anthracite from the 70's. Disc 4 is interviews we did from a local mall and also a banquet we had in 1996, some the drivers have since left us. Disc 5 is interviews we did with drivers in 2011 and 2012. We are selling them for 20.00 ea. Contact info. is Coal Region Racing P.O. Box 581 Minersville Pa. 17954

Rick Huff was the track photographer at Anthracite from 1972 until they closed in 1975. He has hundreds of pictures from there and Big Diamond Raceway,he also has pictures from other tracks too. He is NOT in our group, but I can slupply contact info.

Again we are not doing this for any money, we are just doing this for the love of the sport,and to keep the memories alive of the racing that came before us.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:51 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

LVR73 I am looking for pictures of certain cars I am looking to have some models built I am looking for Roy Wiests cars the 123 bug he drove the white vega body car #2 and the weld #48 and also Davey Updergroves #1 the big bird with the mustang body

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 am 
Rookie
Rookie

speedracer5
This is LRV73 first I should say that Rick Huff is not in our group of non profit, but he is working closely with us. I know he does have pictures of Roy Wiest's 123 coup I do not think he has any of the white car. I think he does have some of the blue 48 car, and he also has pictures of the 1 red mustang.

Here is his phone number 570-915-6410. He does go to Readingers Market in Sch. Haven on sundays to sell his pictures.
If you know where that is, you may want meet him there and look at all of his pictures, they are all in three ring binders.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Speedracer5 I have some pics. of 2 or 3 of the cars your looking for. email me at phl80@verizon.net and I will scan and send some to you.

Phil

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:23 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Renninger's Market is located on Route 61 south of Schuylkill Haven.