Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What No Congrats?
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:06 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Although they haven't rained out recently the weather hasn't been very kind to the Saturday tracks. The people at Port don't seem to be able to look at the infield and figure that out. There are exceptions but the infield crowds consists of two groups of people. Partyers and families with kids. One group picks up after the kids come home from college. And the families with kids haven't been coming because of cold weather. With only two exceptions the infield crowd just hasn't been there.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:18 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

LM Fan wrote:
do you pay for your cheeseburgers or do you get them free? i can stop at mcdonalds and get 4 mcdoubles on the way tonight for me and the kids and be better off.

1st off, i pay for mine. secondly i never said they weren't expensive. what i said was that when you compare them to other tracks they're probably about the same so if SG's crowd is down because of the $12 admission and $4 cheeseburgers than what do you attribute the smaller crowds at other tracks that charge $15 or more to get in and have a $3.75 cheeseburger?

i can remember paying under $10 for admission and $2 for a cheesburger at other tracks. and i bet a year ago those 4 mcdoubles cost a whole lot less than they did now but we don't throw mcdonalds under the bus like we do racetracks and promoters (not just SG & Charlie). oh yeah, that's because they don't have PUBLIC forums to flex our muscles on.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

LM Fan wrote:
do you pay for your cheeseburgers or do you get them free? i can stop at mcdonalds and get 4 mcdoubles on the way tonight for me and the kids and be better off.

Then go ahead and do that no1 gives a sh!t. Now back on topic cant stand Schatz but cant complain what an amazing race :yessss:

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:43 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Shuey21 wrote:
LM Fan wrote:

Then go ahead and do that no1 gives a sh!t. Now back on topic cant stand Schatz but cant complain what an amazing race :yessss:

Donnie's not going to read this forum anyways!

I never could understand these congrats posts!

The people being given the congrats more than likely never see them! :thinking:

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:12 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

longtimefan wrote:
Although they haven't rained out recently the weather hasn't been very kind to the Saturday tracks. The people at Port don't seem to be able to look at the infield and figure that out. There are exceptions but the infield crowds consists of two groups of people. Partyers and families with kids. One group picks up after the kids come home from college. And the families with kids haven't been coming because of cold weather. With only two exceptions the infield crowd just hasn't been there.

Standing in the infield and looking at all that aluminum is an eye opener as well!

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:19 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

GasNGo wrote:
You have that indelible right, and can even bring them inside the gate.

Did you mean "inedible" right?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:38 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Back on topic... some regular weekly fans really need to get a grip. Had no less then 2 'friends' around my section flip me off for cheering on an Outlaw driver. I really got a charge out of the drunk flipping off every outlaw driver each time they passed by. When it was done, no one can deny that it was one hell of a race!!! Without a doubt, a very exciting race. The winner, regardless of who it would have been, deserved and earned it.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:23 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

TheManheimMortician wrote:
Back on topic... some regular weekly fans really need to get a grip. Had no less then 2 'friends' around my section flip me off for cheering on an Outlaw driver. I really got a charge out of the drunk flipping off every outlaw driver each time they passed by. When it was done, no one can deny that it was one hell of a race!!! Without a doubt, a very exciting race. The winner, regardless of who it would have been, deserved and earned it.

LIKE :thumbleft:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:30 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I root for the home team drivers but you have to admire the finish of last nights feature. Gotta hand it to Schatz for the show he put on at the end of the feature. Great finish and worth the trip. Couldn't make it out there tonight and sure glad we had another commitment. I hate to travel all the way out and get cancelled.

Drive safe and sober everyone...........DX

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:21 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

:bdf:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:41 am 
Rookie
Rookie

"Although they haven't rained out recently the weather hasn't been very kind to the Saturday tracks. The people at Port don't seem to be able to look at the infield and figure that out. There are exceptions but the infield crowds consists of two groups of people. Partyers and families with kids. One group picks up after the kids come home from college. And the families with kids haven't been coming because of cold weather. With only two exceptions the infield crowd just hasn't been there."

I'm not sure what you are really trying to say here. The crowds at Port have not been bad and was excellent for the Weikert Memorial. The last few weeks have been subject to Prom nites, questionable weather, and money races at Lincoln. A less than stellar crowd on those nights could be expected. The baseball nite for kids had a great attendance too. Except for a couple of very cold & damp nites, the infield crowd has been decent.

Apparently some people just like to BIT#$ about anything and everything.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:57 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Snappy-3 wrote:
"Although they haven't rained out recently the weather hasn't been very kind to the Saturday tracks. The people at Port don't seem to be able to look at the infield and figure that out. There are exceptions but the infield crowds consists of two groups of people. Partyers and families with kids. One group picks up after the kids come home from college. And the families with kids haven't been coming because of cold weather. With only two exceptions the infield crowd just hasn't been there."

I'm not sure what you are really trying to say here. The crowds at Port have not been bad and was excellent for the Weikert Memorial. The last few weeks have been subject to Prom nites, questionable weather, and money races at Lincoln. A less than stellar crowd on those nights could be expected. The baseball nite for kids had a great attendance too. Except for a couple of very cold & damp nites, the infield crowd has been decent.

Apparently some people just like to BIT#$ about anything and everything.

With the holiday weekend and $20 admission this Saturday, they should make out pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dave Exner wrote:
I root for the home team drivers but you have to admire the finish of last nights feature. Gotta hand it to Schatz for the show he put on at the end of the feature. Great finish and worth the trip. Couldn't make it out there tonight and sure glad we had another commitment. I hate to travel all the way out and get cancelled.

Drive safe and sober everyone...........DX

Yeah I root for the homteam too. Everyone has their favorites and not so favorites but at the end of the night, I'm happy if I've seen a great race no matter who wins. You gotta tip your cap to a guy who passes 4 cars in the last 3 laps to win even if you don't like that driver. That doesn't happen very often.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:20 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Snappy-3, I'm not sure how anything I posted could be taken as b!tching about anything, simply explaining crowd numbers at a lot of tracks as had been pointed out. I did point out that there have been a coulple of exceptions and that most of the others at Port and other tracks would have been influenced by cold or threatening weather. I don't think Port has lost money on any shows yet and that come from a reliable source although some would have been better had the weather been warmer. All you have had to do was sit on the grandstand and look to the infield to see that other than special nights families with small children have not been there in large numbers on the cold nights.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Weather plays a huge factor when it comes to fan turnout, no doubt about it.