Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:30 am 
Offline
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:47 pm
Posts: 414
Given the sketchy weather and that the circus was just in town what time does everyone think The Grove will cancel for tonight?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:44 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:05 pm
Posts: 4874
Location: Ellicott City
I think they'll race!

_________________
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://www.pbase.com/davidm2/
http://davidm.smugmug.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am 
Offline
Head Wrench
Head Wrench
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 pm
Posts: 1548
Im not giving up on them yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:06 am 
Offline
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:06 pm
Posts: 365
gettin brighter in Carlisle! :yessss:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:17 am 
Offline
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:31 pm
Posts: 459
Location: Lititz PA
Radar is looking better. I hope they race. :thumbright:

_________________
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:46 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:32 am
Posts: 4595
Location: Somewhere in the stands!!
Image

_________________
"Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out"
(Proverbs 17:14)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:48 am 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member

Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 7:37 pm
Posts: 880
sellracing wrote:
Given the sketchy weather and that the circus was just in town what time does everyone think The Grove will cancel for tonight?

:thinking:

Guess it depends on how many clowns might show up? With weather like this, this clown will be staying home. :shifty:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:59 am 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 964
Hopefully they run but I pretty much had my mind made up yesterday that they would cancel. Who knows? Maybe they'll be kind enough to get us there and allow us to watch a push truck parade (hopefully far too few to get the track adequately prepared like last week) and sell a few hotdogs and then cancel.

_________________
Way she goes.............


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:15 pm 
Offline
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 441
Hope they race but with the rain being pretty much non stop since last night. I don't even think they will try. I do know a few drivers who will be upset if they make the drive for them to cancel

_________________
2014 Totals:


Grove:11
Lincoln:4
Port:3
Path Valley: 1
Eldora:2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm
Posts: 926
I think they should cancel as soon as possible! With temps predicted in the low 40's with a good breeze, they are going to loose their *** big time. I know that there are some diehards on here that think they should run, but then they don't have any financial responsibilities that must be met when 300 people show up.

_________________
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:58 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:09 pm
Posts: 56
This weather is awful! Friday nights this year have not been kind to racing so far. What about running Monday ?????


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:22 pm 
Offline
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:53 am
Posts: 1812
Location: Posse Soil
Skinner wrote:
Image



thank you Skinner!

_________________
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2013: 49 Races
Grove: 25 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 2 / Susky: 4 / Selinsgrove: 2 / Eldora: 2 / Lima: 1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm 
Offline
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:02 pm
Posts: 2516
Rains been gone for a while and its almost 2. I don't see them cancelling now if they were planning on it they already would have.

_________________
2014 Race Count: 39
Lincoln - 4
Selinsgrove - 16
Williamsgrove - 14
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:49 pm 
Offline
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 2397
:roll: start putting heat in the engines :uzi: we gone racin' :buttkick:



Image


:bananadance:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:59 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4414
Location: 704 Houser St.
30% chance of showers around 8-9PM. If they miss us, we should be fine. So I'd say 70% chance that we're racing tonight, I'm in!

_________________
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cjettmail, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group