Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:54 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Locating where Silver Spring was at the shopping center

When they tore down Silver Spring there is nothing left to identify the location of the track. I had people ask me how they can figure out the track.

Here are some points that will help in locating the track.

1. Wegman's - the front door of Wegman's is right on top of the turn two inside pit exit. Right where they turn off the track is the front door.

2. Target - the front doors of Target are at the third turn inside pit entrance. The front doors are right where the big steel barrier was to protect the light. The cars came off turn three and went between the barrier and the fencing. The front doors are in that lane in front of the barriers. The very back of the Target store is equal with the fencing at the rear of the back pit area

Finding the flagstand. Go up the main entrance to Wegman's. Turn right and turn into the first lane. Head south on the lane. Look to your left and about halfway down the next set of rows you will see a covered area gpt the shopping carts. Once you find that covered shopping cart stand count down three spaces on your immediate left. That spot is the flagstand. To make it a little easier, turn down the first lane and count down 25 spaces on your left. That brings you to the flagstand.

As you come into the shopping center there is a Best Buy on the east side. The Best Buy is at the bottom of a group of stores. The last store in that group, on the north end, is built on top of the former barn. Steve Bubb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:13 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I will not knowingly step foot on any propertys or spend a dime in any business that has been built on the site of where a speedway once operated.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:14 pm 
Legend
Legend

bigbrad115 wrote:
I will not knowingly step foot on any propertys or spend a dime in any business that has been built on the site of where a speedway once operated.

In the past, a lot of people said that they'd never go to the shopping center that was built where Silver Springs Speedway was originally located!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

RIP Silver Spring.... thanks for the memories!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:26 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Here is a morph showing where the track sat on the property.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:20 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

The aerial layout is off a little bit. The track sat to the northeast more. The ideal way to locate it is the front doors of Wegmans. The doors are right on top of the turn two inside pit entrance.

Like others, I will not go to the shopping center. I love Wegmans but only in Williamsport, Valley Forge or Maryland but not at Silver Spring. There are the mall planner designs that show in high detail how the shopping center is situated on top of the track.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

RT88 is dead on with the locations.
I grew up at the Springs and really miss it.

I still try to park in the space closest to our last pit stall when I'm there for anything.