WOO Points???

Discuss all of the dirt sanctioning touring divisions
JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

WOO Points???

Post by JTR13 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm sure this is a very simple question with an extremely complicated answer, but how in the heck does the WOO figure points out??? I only ask because I was just on their website site and can't for the life of me figure out how Pittman is the points leader... Pittman only has 8 wins to Donny's 20, 2 more top 5's then Donny, same # of top 10's, and 10 more QT's then Donny... You mean to tell me that Pittman's 10 additional QT's is worth more points then Donny's additional 12 wins??? Makes no sense to me, LOL...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

ChickmagnetRacing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WOO Points???

Post by ChickmagnetRacing » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 pm

To help answer the question, yes, the 10 additional QT's by Pittman do add up over the number of times Donny has won quick time. Not to mention, Donny did get off to a slower start in the beginning of the year, compared to Pittman who was on a crazy fast start. I believe there were multiple times where Donny did not finish well, and Daryn was always a top 5 those races.

Hope this helps.
https://www.twitter.com/chickmagnet300

"T-o-p-l-e-s-s.... TOPLESS!!"

"Take a nice cool drink..."

2014 Race Counter

Big Diamond - 1
Grandview - 6
Kutztown - 1
Lanco - 4
Lincoln - 1
Port Royal - 2
Reading Fairgrounds - 1
Shellhammers - 1
Williams Grove - 7

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:16 pm

I guess it does, thanks... My problem, and it goes with all forms of racing, is I can't believe that 20 wins doesn't beat 8, LOL... I remember years and years and years ago when Kasey Kahne had a ridiculous # of wins over everyone else in Nascar, and couldn't believe then that he didn't win that championship... I guess a small part of me does understand rewarding consistancy, just still don't understand how you can have that WINS over someone and not lead the points...

In every board I've ever posted on I've admitted how simple minded I was about stuff like this, this is just another example, LOL...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

Dirttrackracing
Racer
Racer

Post by Dirttrackracing » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:26 pm

its 150 points for winning a WoO race, 2nd gets 146 and then 2 points on back.
https://twitter.com/JBolyard1

UNOH student.

2013: 56 races at 15 different tracks.

2014 Races: 23

Waynesfield: 5
Eldora: 4
Attica: 2
Wiliams Grove: 3
Lincoln: 1
Kokomo: 1
Volusia: 1
Limaland: 2
Talladega Short Track: 1
Gas City: 1

Chili Bowl Nationals
Aarons 312 Talladega N'wide race
Indianapolis 500

Daytona Speedweeks:
Sprint Unlimited
Rolex 24
Daytona Rising CTSCC 200

dsc1600
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by dsc1600 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Even if you made the wins worth 155, Pittman would still be ahead. I think one of the things that gets shortchanged is what a great year Pittman has had and sometimes what a disadvantage it is to time 1st or 2nd in the WoO format. Giving points for this is one way of making sure teams aren't sandbagging at all.

Scott Harro
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Scott Harro » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:32 pm

time trials are everything under the big top
My OPINIONS are just that and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of anyone or any track I am associated with!

Scott H
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by Scott H » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:00 pm

JTR13 wrote:I guess it does, thanks... My problem, and it goes with all forms of racing, is I can't believe that 20 wins doesn't beat 8, LOL... I remember years and years and years ago when Kasey Kahne had a ridiculous # of wins over everyone else in Nascar, and couldn't believe then that he didn't win that championship... I guess a small part of me does understand rewarding consistancy, just still don't understand how you can have that WINS over someone and not lead the points...

In every board I've ever posted on I've admitted how simple minded I was about stuff like this, this is just another example, LOL...
At Lincoln, Montieth in 2008 and Wagaman in 2012 won the championship with no wins.

Surprisingly, Shatz has finished outside the top ten 9 times and Pittman 12 times. So getting 5 points for QT adds up I guess. Here is a link with the stats from each race.

http://www.woosprint.com/images/2013Sta ... _Stats.pdf
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

poconoposse
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by poconoposse » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:07 pm

both years mike wagner won the title at port he didnt have any wins

rahmer_nation_fan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rahmer_nation_fan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:04 pm

it just goes to show you need to be fast everytime you are out on the track and the 9 team will go for max points everynight and not sandbag for the inversion
2016 Race Count-24
Williams Grove-8
Lincoln-11
Susquehanna-2
Port Royal-3

2015: 70 races
2014: 63 races

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:54 am

rahmer_nation_fan wrote:it just goes to show you need to be fast everytime you are out on the track and the 9 team will go for max points everynight and not sandbag for the inversion

That's funny. I guess all that sandbagging at Knoxville worked out well since Schatz had to come from 21st for the win. :laughing7: Make all the excuses you want but any point system that awards TT's more than feature wins is GREATLY flawed.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

rahmer_nation_fan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rahmer_nation_fan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:52 pm

hotrodney wrote:
rahmer_nation_fan wrote:it just goes to show you need to be fast everytime you are out on the track and the 9 team will go for max points everynight and not sandbag for the inversion

That's funny. I guess all that sandbagging at Knoxville worked out well since Schatz had to come from 21st for the win. :laughing7: Make all the excuses you want but any point system that awards TT's more than feature wins is GREATLY flawed.
so your saying sandbagging in time trials is ok? is the object of racing is to be the fastest car on the track? I guess seeing how time trials arent important then why do they run them
2016 Race Count-24
Williams Grove-8
Lincoln-11
Susquehanna-2
Port Royal-3

2015: 70 races
2014: 63 races

kinserfan11
Legend
Legend

Post by kinserfan11 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:55 pm

With 5 races left Daryn better run hard or 15 will take it :(
Long Live 20 Time World Of Outlaws Champion Steve
Kinser #11

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:10 am

rahmer_nation_fan wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

so your saying sandbagging in time trials is ok? is the object of racing is to be the fastest car on the track? I guess seeing how time trials arent important then why do they run them
I guarantee you nobody is sandbagging. TT's are run to set the heat race and feature lineups so it's very beneficial to time well. IMO they shouldn't count for any points.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

steeler1
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by steeler1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:44 pm

hotrodney wrote: I guarantee you nobody is sandbagging. TT's are run to set the heat race and feature lineups so it's very beneficial to time well. IMO they shouldn't count for any points.
:agreed:

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:45 pm

hotrodney wrote:I guarantee you nobody is sandbagging. TT's are run to set the heat race and feature lineups so it's very beneficial to time well. IMO they shouldn't count for any points.
Wrong Kinser and Swindell have both openly admitted to sandbagging to try and get a front row spot in a heat.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014