Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I called the Grove office this past Thursday and Friday to buy some reserved tickets for next Saturday. I called on my break at work and didn't get an answer on Thursday. I left a message on the answering machine, and nobody got back to me on Thursday. Ok, so I called back Friday on my break again and this time got somebody. The gentleman that answered the phone informed me that they only sell reserved tickets Mon-Thur.

Does anybody have any idea why? To be honest it kinda ****** me off. Is there a good reason for this?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:40 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

:cwm4: Sorry for laughing but that is so ridiculous that it's downright funny. This reminds me of a sign my landlord had in her business that said; There's no reason for it, it's just our policy.

Maybe they'll figure it out when they have a ton of reserved seats left because nobody was able to figure out how to purchase them. :laughing7:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:24 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Kinda hard to reason why a promoter doesn't want your money?We also inquired about purchasing general admission tickets for the Open weekend.Was told they are only sold on the day of the race.I guess management likes to see long lines and disgruntled fans,some who never return to "The Greed".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:47 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

posse19 wrote:
Kinda hard to reason why a promoter doesn't want your money?We also inquired about purchasing general admission tickets for the Open weekend.Was told they are only sold on the day of the race.I guess management likes to see long lines and disgruntled fans,some who never return to "The Greed".

General admission tickets have never been, and I'm guessing will never be, sold ahead of time. That's what reserved seats are for. If you wanted to buy tickets ahead of time and not wait in long lines buy reserved seats. GA seats are always a first come, first serve purchase the day of the event.

It's ridiculous that they wouldn't sell reserved seats on a race day. That makes no sense.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:21 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Look around this weekend, the only empty seats will be the reserved seats on backstretch and 4th turn, and not for lack of demand, simply for this asinine manner in selling them. Get with the program and offer an online option.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:15 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

dsc1600 wrote:
Look around this weekend, the only empty seats will be the reserved seats on backstretch and 4th turn, and not for lack of demand, simply for this asinine manner in selling them. Get with the program and offer an online option.
I hope there will be front stretch seats still available when I am able to get through on Monday or whenever it is that i can get ahold of them. If they don't we might not go. Not that I have anything against you beer hill guys/gals, but I plan to bring my 9 year old daughter with me. It's not like she hasn't been on beer hill before but given how many folks are going to be there and this is her and my first time to a WOO event, I would like to be in the more civilized section with her if that makes sense (not that it might not get crazy on the front stretch section either).

She's actually looking forward to the race; she's a Layton fan. She thinks the 7 car paint scheme is pretty cool looking, but also likes Bowers and the other gals that get out there and race with the boys.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Between what hours can you purchase general admission tickets of friday at the office? If I'm there I might as well get them without waiting in line.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 am 
Legend
Legend

They don't sell tickets at the office on race days......haven't you been reading the thread? :thinking:

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:21 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Is there a time during the day before the ticket booth opens when I can place my blankets down?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:41 pm 
Racer
Racer

CT Sprint Fan wrote:
Is there a time during the day before the ticket booth opens when I can place my blankets down?

No. Not at the Grove.

UNOH student.

2013: 56 races at 15 different tracks.

2014 Races: 23

Waynesfield: 5
Eldora: 4
Attica: 2
Wiliams Grove: 3
Lincoln: 1
Kokomo: 1
Volusia: 1
Limaland: 2
Talladega Short Track: 1
Gas City: 1

Chili Bowl Nationals
Aarons 312 Talladega N'wide race
Indianapolis 500

Daytona Speedweeks:
Sprint Unlimited
Rolex 24
Daytona Rising CTSCC 200

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 am 
Rookie
Rookie

dsc1600 wrote:

Those empty seats are season reserved seats but the people who paid for them just don't show up for this circus anymore. :thinking: How would I know that? Well, four of those top row seats are mine. I just got fed up with campers all over the parking lot, and rowdy drunks taking over the unoccupied reserved seats around me because the people who paid for them stopped coming to the open for the same reasons.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:29 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

mfletch91 wrote:
posse19 wrote:

General admission tickets have never been, and I'm guessing will never be, sold ahead of time. That's what reserved seats are for. If you wanted to buy tickets ahead of time and not wait in long lines buy reserved seats. GA seats are always a first come, first serve purchase the day of the event.

It's ridiculous that they wouldn't sell reserved seats on a race day. That makes no sense.

REALLY ? That is funny because i bought general admission tickets for both days at the office ahead of time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:55 am 
Rookie
Rookie

So did I,

You can purchase them from 11-2 in the office