I would like a good explanation for this

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Post Reply
kossuth
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:00 pm
Location: Frederick MD

I would like a good explanation for this

Post by kossuth » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 am

I called the Grove office this past Thursday and Friday to buy some reserved tickets for next Saturday. I called on my break at work and didn't get an answer on Thursday. I left a message on the answering machine, and nobody got back to me on Thursday. Ok, so I called back Friday on my break again and this time got somebody. The gentleman that answered the phone informed me that they only sell reserved tickets Mon-Thur.

Does anybody have any idea why? To be honest it kinda ****** me off. Is there a good reason for this?

User avatar
hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4714
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm
Location: 704 Houser St.

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by hotrodney » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:40 am

:cwm4: Sorry for laughing but that is so ridiculous that it's downright funny. This reminds me of a sign my landlord had in her business that said; There's no reason for it, it's just our policy.

Maybe they'll figure it out when they have a ton of reserved seats left because nobody was able to figure out how to purchase them. :laughing7:
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

posse19
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by posse19 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:24 pm

Kinda hard to reason why a promoter doesn't want your money?We also inquired about purchasing general admission tickets for the Open weekend.Was told they are only sold on the day of the race.I guess management likes to see long lines and disgruntled fans,some who never return to "The Greed".

mfletch91
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by mfletch91 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:47 pm

posse19 wrote:Kinda hard to reason why a promoter doesn't want your money?We also inquired about purchasing general admission tickets for the Open weekend.Was told they are only sold on the day of the race.I guess management likes to see long lines and disgruntled fans,some who never return to "The Greed".
General admission tickets have never been, and I'm guessing will never be, sold ahead of time. That's what reserved seats are for. If you wanted to buy tickets ahead of time and not wait in long lines buy reserved seats. GA seats are always a first come, first serve purchase the day of the event.

It's ridiculous that they wouldn't sell reserved seats on a race day. That makes no sense.

dsc1600
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:23 pm

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by dsc1600 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Look around this weekend, the only empty seats will be the reserved seats on backstretch and 4th turn, and not for lack of demand, simply for this asinine manner in selling them. Get with the program and offer an online option.

kossuth
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:00 pm
Location: Frederick MD

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by kossuth » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:15 pm

dsc1600 wrote:Look around this weekend, the only empty seats will be the reserved seats on backstretch and 4th turn, and not for lack of demand, simply for this asinine manner in selling them. Get with the program and offer an online option.
I hope there will be front stretch seats still available when I am able to get through on Monday or whenever it is that i can get ahold of them. If they don't we might not go. Not that I have anything against you beer hill guys/gals, but I plan to bring my 9 year old daughter with me. It's not like she hasn't been on beer hill before but given how many folks are going to be there and this is her and my first time to a WOO event, I would like to be in the more civilized section with her if that makes sense (not that it might not get crazy on the front stretch section either).

She's actually looking forward to the race; she's a Layton fan. She thinks the 7 car paint scheme is pretty cool looking, but also likes Bowers and the other gals that get out there and race with the boys.

CT Sprint Fan
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by CT Sprint Fan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 am

Between what hours can you purchase general admission tickets of friday at the office? If I'm there I might as well get them without waiting in line.

Thanks

User avatar
Brent Leach
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9244
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:59 am

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by Brent Leach » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 am

They don't sell tickets at the office on race days......haven't you been reading the thread? :thinking:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

CT Sprint Fan
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by CT Sprint Fan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:21 am

Is there a time during the day before the ticket booth opens when I can place my blankets down?

User avatar
Dirttrackracing
Racer
Racer
Posts: 3769
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: University Of Northwestern Ohio

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by Dirttrackracing » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:41 pm

CT Sprint Fan wrote:Is there a time during the day before the ticket booth opens when I can place my blankets down?
No. Not at the Grove.
https://twitter.com/JBolyard1

UNOH student.

2013: 56 races at 15 different tracks.

2014 Races: 23

Waynesfield: 5
Eldora: 4
Attica: 2
Wiliams Grove: 3
Lincoln: 1
Kokomo: 1
Volusia: 1
Limaland: 2
Talladega Short Track: 1
Gas City: 1

Chili Bowl Nationals
Aarons 312 Talladega N'wide race
Indianapolis 500

Daytona Speedweeks:
Sprint Unlimited
Rolex 24
Daytona Rising CTSCC 200

User avatar
1idirtking
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: New Smithville, PA

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by 1idirtking » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 am

dsc1600 wrote:Look around this weekend, the only empty seats will be the reserved seats on backstretch and 4th turn, and not for lack of demand, simply for this asinine manner in selling them. Get with the program and offer an online option.
Those empty seats are season reserved seats but the people who paid for them just don't show up for this circus anymore. :thinking: How would I know that? Well, four of those top row seats are mine. I just got fed up with campers all over the parking lot, and rowdy drunks taking over the unoccupied reserved seats around me because the people who paid for them stopped coming to the open for the same reasons.
The older I get, the better I used to be.

User avatar
yeldarb
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:32 am
Location: south of heaven

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by yeldarb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:29 am

mfletch91 wrote:
posse19 wrote:Kinda hard to reason why a promoter doesn't want your money?We also inquired about purchasing general admission tickets for the Open weekend.Was told they are only sold on the day of the race.I guess management likes to see long lines and disgruntled fans,some who never return to "The Greed".
General admission tickets have never been, and I'm guessing will never be, sold ahead of time. That's what reserved seats are for. If you wanted to buy tickets ahead of time and not wait in long lines buy reserved seats. GA seats are always a first come, first serve purchase the day of the event.

It's ridiculous that they wouldn't sell reserved seats on a race day. That makes no sense.
REALLY ? That is funny because i bought general admission tickets for both days at the office ahead of time.
ANYONE BUT THE 21

CT Sprint Fan
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Re: I would like a good explanation for this

Post by CT Sprint Fan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:55 am

So did I,

You can purchase them from 11-2 in the office

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests