Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Way to go Freddie!!!! Thank you for 25 years (how long I've been going to the races) of great racing memories and a big congratulations to you and everybody involved in your racing career! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:06 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Sorry about my post DIRTTRACKING because I failed to make myself clear.

1. I was not at Williams Grove on Friday (Oct. 28). Had my son been able to drive out with me I would have been there as I don't see much better racing that I see at the Grove and Lincoln.
Sorry I didn't make myself more clear, but, I was able to follow the happenings on twitter.

I am sure that if you had an 11 year old and a 9 year old with you and you sat on the backstretch, you wouldn't want to cross the bridge for ice cream and get trapped on the infield.

2. As you stated "if you don't like it don't go", let me say I enjoy the racing at Williams Grove and I have no complaints about that.

3. Hopefully the speaker system will be improved in the near future.

4. The sausage sandwich problem was a few weeks ago when the crowd was sparse and I imagine the management didn't want to waste unsold food. Can't fault them for that can I. I settled for a hot dog and a soda. As for your McDonalds comment, the cost doesn't bother me and I hope you didn't mean that as an insult.

5. Fred not wanting a tribute does not bother me. I love it when our local drivers beat the Outlaws
and it looks like Fred enjoyed the tribute at Lincoln on October 20th and I think it was great to see the Outlaws get beat both nights at the Grove by our regulars, better yet, beat by two of our regulars in their fifties.

Hopefully I didn't tick you off with my response as it is not meant to upset you and I wish you all the best in the future......DX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:21 pm 
Racer
Racer

Not everything was directed at you. It wasnt meant that way. And I understand not wanting to cross the bridge for ice cream but....I dont know of a track with more than one ice cream stand :thumbleft:

Lincolns ice cream stand is all the way down by the entrance gate and not exactly in an ideal location either....Just lincoln doesnt have a bridge.

And im just ticked off at the people who are still complaining about Friday that were at the races. Its true that some people just cant be pleased. :ahhh:

I mean seriously...If even the 358 feature isnt bad... :shark:

UNOH student.

2013: 56 races at 15 different tracks.

2014 Races: 23

Waynesfield: 5
Eldora: 4
Attica: 2
Wiliams Grove: 3
Lincoln: 1
Kokomo: 1
Volusia: 1
Limaland: 2
Talladega Short Track: 1
Gas City: 1

Chili Bowl Nationals
Aarons 312 Talladega N'wide race
Indianapolis 500

Daytona Speedweeks:
Sprint Unlimited
Rolex 24
Daytona Rising CTSCC 200

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:36 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Thanks for the response to my comment.

By the way, your avatar of the #4 wouldn't be for Cody would it?

I remember a couple months ago when Fred took a tumble just after the bridge and was quite woozy from the incident and Cody was in the lead and stopped his car, got out and ran to Fred. Not many drivers around that would be leading and have a red light and get out to check on another driver. That was a Class Act!

Again, thanks for the response.

With respect,
Dave Exner
Hamilton, NJ

P.S. I don't go to New Eygpt on Saturday nights, but we do take an occasional run to Lincoln. I live 20 minutes from New Eygpt Speedway and Lincoln takes us about two and a half hours.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:48 am 
Legend
Legend

Port Royal sells ice cream at more than one location. :idea:

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:13 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:offtopic:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:15 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Warthog wrote:
It was a storybook end to a fabulous career. One more car in between them, and Hodnett would have had it. Kudos to Greg for a great season, too.

I'm also happy for Mr. Sell - winning an owner's title at Williams Grove is also an achievement. I hope he can do it again one day with his son behind the wheel.

The only thing that would have made it more perfect would have been if somehow Mr. Trone could have shared the owners title in his last season. He's given a lot to the sport, to the fans, to the drivers and crews who have worked for him, and probably a lot more that we'll never know about.

But in the end, it was Fred's night. I'm SOOOOOOOO glad he didn't walk away after the Open.

Thanks for the memories, Fred, and I'm sure we all hope that we've not seen the last of you at the track, even if it does turn out to be the last time we see you on the track. A few years down the road, people will be envious when we talk about actually having seen you drive, rather than just having read about it.

Exactly!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:32 pm 
Legend
Legend

Congrats :cheers2: :jiggy: :cheers2:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:19 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Congratulations to Fred and the entire Sell Racing team from all of us at XXX. It was our pleasure and honor to work with you and the team in 2013, and be a part of your historic season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:15 am 
Racer
Racer

Dave Exner wrote:
Thanks for the response to my comment.

By the way, your avatar of the #4 wouldn't be for Cody would it?

I remember a couple months ago when Fred took a tumble just after the bridge and was quite woozy from the incident and Cody was in the lead and stopped his car, got out and ran to Fred. Not many drivers around that would be leading and have a red light and get out to check on another driver. That was a Class Act!

Again, thanks for the response.

With respect,
Dave Exner
Hamilton, NJ

P.S. I don't go to New Eygpt on Saturday nights, but we do take an occasional run to Lincoln. I live 20 minutes from New Eygpt Speedway and Lincoln takes us about two and a half hours.

Yep! Cody Darrah and Brent Marks fan (One for the outlaws, one for my formerly local tracks)

And now Matt Westfall fan :laughing7:

UNOH student.

2013: 56 races at 15 different tracks.

2014 Races: 23

Waynesfield: 5
Eldora: 4
Attica: 2
Wiliams Grove: 3
Lincoln: 1
Kokomo: 1
Volusia: 1
Limaland: 2
Talladega Short Track: 1
Gas City: 1

Chili Bowl Nationals
Aarons 312 Talladega N'wide race
Indianapolis 500

Daytona Speedweeks:
Sprint Unlimited
Rolex 24
Daytona Rising CTSCC 200

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:52 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Wile at the Nat. Open I bought a couple Ramer T's they gave me a ticket for a drawing, a chance to win Fast Freddie's Racing Helmet, anybody know anything about it, like when or who won?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:57 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45
The only thing Deb is saying on the Facebook page is "the end of the year"... She said there is still a high demand for t-shirts so she is reordering a bunch to sell, wants to make sure she waits so those people can get their tickets too...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:08 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

raison judy wrote:
Wile at the Nat. Open I bought a couple Ramer T's they gave me a ticket for a drawing, a chance to win Fast Freddie's Racing Helmet, anybody know anything about it, like when or who won?

:laughing7:

Well your chance of winning the helmet is getting slimmer.

More shirts ordered and sold and more tickets getting put into the box to pick from.

And in the beginning I thought the winner would of been picked at the Last Call Race.

:handoverhead:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

This is in response to the helmet. I indicted to the people buying the shirts that the drawing was going to be at the end of the year. The winning ticket number will be on the Fred Rahmer website and his fan page on Facebook. This information is on the website and has been posted on the facebook page several times. The reason I did not pull it at the Last Call race is because everyone wants the opportunity to win the helmet and I think I am doing the right thing.
If you have any questions, you can email the site or contact me direct on FB. Thanks very much
Deb Rahmer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:47 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Deb,

I'd like to thank you for all the years of supporting racing and Fred. I don't think the racers wives and mon's get enough credit for all they do for the sport too!

Thank you!

http://www.pbase.com/davidm2/
http://davidm.smugmug.com/