Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:44 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

My brother and I have pretty much pulled the plug on any more trips to Dover or any other Nascar races. The atmosphere is gone,at 50 - 60 years of age we don't seem to fit their demographic target, and even at half price discount of 45 bucks the races are just plain boring. The true definition of "just cars going around in circles". I have always been more of a fan of dirt track racing, but went to Dover to spend time with my brother. We always have a good time regardless and I don't regret the time we spent together.
This year will be different. I have been to most of the NJ and PA tracks, he has only been to Bridgeport,New Egypt Lincoln and Grandview. We are looking to make a few road trips from South Jersey to spend the money we will save by dumping Nascar. Eldora is certainly on the radar, but Knoxville is a bit too far. What other tracks or events are in our target range of about a 10 hours drive.

Thanks for your help.
Justplanecrazy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:14 pm 
Legend
Legend

Don't completely give up on NASCAR. There is still their redheaded step child the Modifieds that always entertain. Try them at one of the New England tracks or Bowman Gray Stadium.

BTW I too have given up on their top series about 10 years ago.

http://www.pbase.com/davidm2/
http://davidm.smugmug.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:41 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:thinking: ...... have done USAC Sprint and Midget weeks ...... can't go wrong with either one :thumbleft:

.... doing Midget week next year :jiggy: ... with a Paragon Saturday

I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

- Pennsylvania 410 Speedweek Tour

- Knoxville Nationals (if you spent countless $ on NASCAR for many years, going once would not hurt the bucket list)

Best of luck with your travels...

"T-o-p-l-e-s-s.... TOPLESS!!"

"Take a nice cool drink..."

2014 Race Counter

Big Diamond - 1
Grandview - 6
Kutztown - 1
Lanco - 4
Lincoln - 1
Port Royal - 2
Reading Fairgrounds - 1
Shellhammers - 1
Williams Grove - 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:19 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Eastern Storm USAC week in Pa :yessss: :cheers2: :yessss:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:57 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Bowman Gray Stadium (Winston Salem, NC) without a doubt. What an amazing place to watch racing. Your seats are right against the track. Not too many short track operations have a jumbotron like Bowman Gray. After the races the pit area is one big party and all the drivers hang around to talk racing.

Ten minutes to the south of the track is a great barbeque place called Little Richards. They have an outdoor pit to cook the pig and the fence around it is covered in doors from NASCAR cars.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:03 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

:pinkelephant: By all means try Knoxville. 4 Nights of HARDBALL! Big speed.Not Lincoln or Attica for sure. As big or bigger than Selinsgrove but with an unreal surface! Great seating. All 25,000 of them! Purse-over a Million dollars! The Knoxville people can hook you up to stay local with a resident.The whole town gets into it. National Sprint Car Hall of Fame on the property-"Dis is da Place"!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:00 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

The Dirt Track World finals at Charlotte is one hell of a show as well as PA speed week, and Knoxville is just amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:02 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Lincoln!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:21 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Lernerville is a great facility with 4 divisions of racing Friday night.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:04 am 
Legend
Legend

fast_crew wrote:
The Dirt Track World finals at Charlotte is one hell of a show as well as PA speed week, and Knoxville is just amazing.

Charlotte and PA Speedweek are two of the best "events" to see in my opinion. Knoxville is OK for a one or two time visit. Another of my favorite camping/racing outings is the Juniata County Fair during Labor Day week. 4 races in 8 days and you can make a road trip to Williams Grove during that span also.

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:33 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Knoxville = 4 nights of great racing.....can't beat it anywhere!! I have gone out 10 times and have seen more side by side racing than any other track and I only seen 40 shows there!! I have seen a lot more shows around here in that same time span....like I said Knoxville is second to NONE!!
The whole town gets involved....and you have sprint cars are all over the place being worked on. Great atmosphere the whole time you are there.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.