Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Would you buy Electric Power Steering for $650?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Maybe 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:55 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get some insight from racers about our electric power steering. I am with a company called SuperATV, an OEM supplier and manufacturer of over 1100 parts for ATV's and UTV's. We have noticed a drastic increase in our universal EPS kits being sold so I've started calling the customers buying them. Come to find out the majority of them are getting put in mini-sprints and other similar cars. I guess I am trying to see if there is any interest for these kits in this market? What are some of your thoughts and questions about this product? We are trying to decide if we wanted to sponsor some races and drivers to get our name out there a little bit. Feel free to call, email, or reply to this topic. Thank you everyone.

Jeremy@Superatv.com
812-274-0177

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:05 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Only problem I foresee in you getting into the sprint car market is the lack of a Battery. None of the 358/360/410's have Batteries/alternators to power your unit. Would overheating the motor/module assembly be an issue with the constant demand of steering assist?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:09 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I didnt know the sprint cars dont have a battery or alternator. So there is no way to get a 12v hook up on those cars? We've been selling about 20 of these a month for mini sprints. We havent had a problem with over heating with any of our GNCC racers either, both 4 wheelerz and side by sides. These can take a beating and we have a 1 year warranty to back it up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:06 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Don't know if you remember the car Steve Howard drove but the engine builder was Truppi/Kling out of New Jersey. They were primarily drag racers but had the reputation for making big horsepower. They did not use a traditional mag as most racers did at that time. They used a more conventional battery powered ignition and used a very small/compact battery that was charged by a very small motorcycle alternator/generator that ran off the fuel injection pump belt on the front of the engine. No longer have front belt driven pumps but running a belt off the front of the crank should pose no problem and would not suck near as much horsepower off the motor as the power steering pump does, however the power steering pump would still have to be there to run the top wing actuator unless you made that electric also. Just a thought.