Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Will WG follow suit?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:30 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Why don't you call the World of Outlaws headquarters and suggest that to them. In the meantime you can read the WOO rule book.....section #8...provisional's...here is a short excerpt from it; Section 8C. Any Team using a provisional shall forfeit the minimum start money paid for the
Feature. Any position attained that pays greater than the start money will only be paid as advertised less the start money amount. If you were part of a travelling team you would soon realize that you really need every dollar that you can bring in. Not all the teams are super-funded and actually some of the teams that people think have gobs of money are really on a very tight budget.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:13 am 
Rookie
Rookie

GOSHOW wrote:
We have a 358 in house for my grandson to make the jump from karts next year but that plan is to run a year at Susky Test and Tune. From there when it is time to go racing we will decide. The problem with someone very young is seat time and if the 305's start to run a lot local you are back in the boat of 50+ cars and even when you are running pretty good that can leave you sitting with very few laps for your money. One track, with a 410 seems to be a good option, especially when that is where you want to end up anyway. We will see, we have a year or more to see what shakes out. :thumbright:

If you want seat time for your grandson , then you might want to run at Trailways, they only get 15 to 17 cars a nite.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:21 am 
Rookie
Rookie

dsljim wrote:
Rules cost money, I'd like to see a 10.5" right rear tire class, like in drag racing with no motor rules.
On the subject of cubic inches, may you should let the WOO cars run 500 inch motors so they don't have to take provisionals to make the A main :laughing7:

They already quailfy and/or run the heats on a sticky track with a 430!!! :doh:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

IMO a more logical question is how many 358's is SG gonna lose to WG and Lincoln because they don't wanna run against 360's every week?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:33 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Got any idea what the score is when they have the 358/360 challenge races? Take a look at the finishing results and you might be surprised! 358's have become really expensive to build and they have a purse that is next to nothing. If you win at the grove you can barely cover you evenings racing expenses. If you haven't figured it out yet, the only reason the Grove and Lincoln have 358's is for back gate money and since they only have those two tracks and Trail-Ways in the whole USA they have a lock on the 358 guys. They kept them because it was guaranteed money because they couldn't race anywhere else. Those days are rapidly coming to an end and soon the 358's will be extinct. 360's are all over the Country so if you have one you can go near anywhere and race. They are getting more and more big paying races every year. It's just the way it is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:34 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

hotrodney wrote:
IMO a more logical question is how many 358's is SG gonna lose to WG and Lincoln because they don't wanna run against 360's every week?

Very little only 2 that I know of Phil Walter is apparently gonna run Lincoln and Scott Wilson is running 410's. Most have 360's already, Womer is running a 358 against them.

Williamsgrove - 12
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:08 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

several guys that i know of are staying in 358's at SG. as far as the challenge races i've posted detail stats before. in general when urc required the 360's to stay on A/R the scale was slightly tipped towards the 358's. the 2 years urc left them run hoosiers the scale tipped slightly to he 360's. when i say slightly tipped it was split like 3 & 2 in the top 5, 6 & 4 in the top 10, 8 & 7 in the top 15. biggest difference was time trials which 360's were more heavily towards the top of the list. i'm told by several race teams that with the bigger wing now allowed on the 358's that there will be virtually no difference between the two if all other things like hitting the setup and reliability of parts is equal. time will tell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:10 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I have to believe you are correct and obviously your numbers are solid. I hope the 358 guys can hang in there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:12 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

also one of the major reasons the 360's started to show on the heavy side of the results is that almost all of our top running 358 teams started putting in a 360 for those races. with the way they run at selinsgrove guys like cannon, heimbach or stutts would most certainly have finished in the top 5 in most of those races even with a 358 which would have kept the stats in favor of 358's so the actual results are kind of skewed. think shultz even beat them with a 358 when 360's were on hoosiers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:03 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

racer33 wrote:
Got any idea what the score is when they have the 358/360 challenge races? Take a look at the finishing results and you might be surprised! 358's have become really expensive to build and they have a purse that is next to nothing. If you win at the grove you can barely cover you evenings racing expenses. If you haven't figured it out yet, the only reason the Grove and Lincoln have 358's is for back gate money and since they only have those two tracks and Trail-Ways in the whole USA they have a lock on the 358 guys. They kept them because it was guaranteed money because they couldn't race anywhere else. Those days are rapidly coming to an end and soon the 358's will be extinct. 360's are all over the Country so if you have one you can go near anywhere and race. They are getting more and more big paying races every year. It's just the way it is.

I AGREE! :thumbright:

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain