Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

topwing66$ wrote:
I could really care less what Steve Kinser does. Why does it seem that everyone is making such a big deal about him. Yeah he is the King of the Outlaws but as a fan of the PA Posse, when the Outlaws come to town, I want to see one of the locals in victory lane not some invader. Yeah they bring a lot of revenue to the area when their in town. Yeah they pack the grandstands and tracks do well but they are also catered to by giving them the track conditions they prefer. Look who won the National Open...a local driver who knows how to run a wet track. The rain Gods were definitely on the Posse side during the Open with the conditions that had the Outlaws scratching their heads to what setup to run. I for one hope for another year in which the locals take home the big $ and send the outsiders on their way with empty pockets.

Dude seriously? Steve Kinser is the best sprint car driver EVER. End of discussion. He has more wins at the Grove than several multi time track champions do. What's that tell you? As far as them being catered too, REALLY? talk to most of our local drivers and they'll tell you they prefer a wide slick surface that they can move around on. Those types of tracks favor good drivers over those who can only stomp and steer. I love the posse but there's a reason that they usually get their a$$es handed to them when they race against the outlaws outside of pa and that's because the World of Outlaws are the best of the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:23 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

RacerRose wrote:
I actually had the Susky Candy Bowl on my schedule for that day, but I've changed that plan already. I'm looking forward to seeing the WoO at Port.

Hmmmm...... can I do the double?!?! Got 10 months to figure it out.

:thumbleft: .... I like how you think ........................ Image

:jiggy: .... drags & Grove Open are the same weekend this year too :redpepper:

:thinking: ... if Selinsgrove throws a Sunday show I can get a five bagger weekend again :pinkelephant:

I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:06 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

CH_88 wrote:
topwing66$ wrote:
I could really care less what Steve Kinser does. Why does it seem that everyone is making such a big deal about him. Yeah he is the King of the Outlaws but as a fan of the PA Posse, when the Outlaws come to town, I want to see one of the locals in victory lane not some invader. Yeah they bring a lot of revenue to the area when their in town. Yeah they pack the grandstands and tracks do well but they are also catered to by giving them the track conditions they prefer. Look who won the National Open...a local driver who knows how to run a wet track. The rain Gods were definitely on the Posse side during the Open with the conditions that had the Outlaws scratching their heads to what setup to run. I for one hope for another year in which the locals take home the big $ and send the outsiders on their way with empty pockets.

Dude seriously? Steve Kinser is the best sprint car driver EVER. End of discussion. He has more wins at the Grove than several multi time track champions do. What's that tell you? As far as them being catered too, REALLY? talk to most of our local drivers and they'll tell you they prefer a wide slick surface that they can move around on. Those types of tracks favor good drivers over those who can only stomp and steer. I love the posse but there's a reason that they usually get their a$$es handed to them when they race against the outlaws outside of pa and that's because the World of Outlaws are the best of the best.

According to the Groves all time winners list, Kinser sits in the 8th spot on the all time winners list Kinser sits 8th on the All Time winners list, so your comment about more wins than multi time champions is far from the truth. Also I never said I didn't have respect for Steve, I simply stated that this farewell tour crap is already getting old. Yeah he is considered to be the King of the Outlaws but he is not the King of Sprint Cars in my book. His title is with the Outlaws. They race at tracks across the country that are dominated by only a handful of drivers but when they come to the East, who parks their car in victory lane is a crap shoot because anyone can win. Central PA has the best drivers around and are know throughout the country but drivers in Oklahoma and Nebraska are not.
In all honesty, I would personally rather see Kinser win any day over Schatz. Then again back in the day I wanted Sammy to win over Kinser. Call me confusing, call me whatever you want, but my blood is Posse Red

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:22 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Incorrect statement topwing66. CH_88 was right. Kinser has more wins at the Grove than Todd Shaffer, Jim Nace, Kramer Williamson, etc. — all of whom have multiple sprint car championships at the track.

As i said before, I'm Posse through and through. I never want an Outlaw to win on Posse soil. Ever! I happen to agree that the sanctioning body caters to the WoO in things like track prep, in-race calls, etc., but that doesn't mean anything as far as Kinser personally. You aren't giving him near the credit he deserves for being the best of all time. Ask any of our own PA legends — a few of which are in the Hall of Fame — and I'm sure they'd tell you the same.

Selinsgrove - 2
Lincoln - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:52 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Not a Kinser fan but anyone who thinks that Steve Kinser is not the King of the Outlaws and of sprint car racing is showing how misinformed they are. I think the vast majority of sprint car drivers across the country for several decades would agree with that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:36 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

If you can't see why Steve Kinser is the KING of all that is sprint car racing, then you're not worth the time it takes to debate the issue. Keep thinking that the sprint car universe begins and ends in central pa. I love the posse but they're hardly the best in the business and it shows every February in Florida and every August at Knoxville. Lots of talent all over the country.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:49 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Excited that the travelers are coming to Port, but Kendra and Steve from Winged Nation just stated on Twitter that Penn State hosts Ohio State at the Beav on 10/25!! Arghhh! I should have checked PSU's schedule as soon as it was announced the Outlaws were coming.

I can hope the game is around noon, but my gut tells me it will be at least 3:30.