Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:44 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:55 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

For Immediate Release:
January 28, 2014

DJ Myers Motorsports welcomes new sponsor. Ready to kick-off 2014 at the Chambersburg Mall Motorsports Week…

Greencastle, Pennsylvania’s DJ Myers and the team are busily preparing for the upcoming racing season. As cold as it is outside, things are heating up inside the team’s race shop. The guys are preparing the black and white PPM Chassis for competition all over the Mid-Atlantic region in 2014. DJ will kick off his 2014 season with a little non racing action, when starting this coming Friday the 70J will take up residence at the Chambersburg Mall as part of the annual 9 day motorsports event. DJ will be on hand Saturday, February 8th, to sign autographs and greet the fans. Please stop by and say hello.

DJ is also proud to welcome a new marketing partner, as Farmer’s Union Co-op, Inc. has come onboard for 2014. Located in Greencastle, PA the Farmer’s Union Co-op is your complete pet and farm store. Open Monday through Saturday, what originally started out as a feed mill located in the heart of Greencastle, has grown into the area’s best retail store carrying products not just for the farmer but for any pet owner. The knowledgeable staff is trained to help everyone find the answers and products for all their pet or farm needs no matter what size pet they have. The Farmer’s Union Co-op’s goal is to supply quality items at reasonable co-op prices all within the comfort of a hometown atmosphere. Give them a call at (717)593-0593 or check them out on the web at farmers-union-pet-supply.com.

“I am very excited to have Farmer’s Union Co-op as part of the team” said owner and driver DJ Myers. “They are such a well respected company and we are proud to be able to help get their name out in front of a lot of people. Some people think they handle just bulk for farm animals and of course they do but truth is you can go there to get fish supplies or a custom name tag for your dog and everything in between” added Myers.

Although no schedule has been planned out yet, the team is busy looking at all the schedules that are out there and trying to come up with a game plan that will benefit the team’s sponsors and allow the team to race as much as they can in the most economical way.

“I want to really thank the guys for their hard work getting the car ready for the show. We are waiting on the new chassis from PPM, so we had plenty of room to get the 2013 car ready” stated Myers. “I am excited to get this cold weather out of here and get on the speedway. Our plans are to travel a little and hit the bigger paying shows in the area as well as the Appalachian Mtn. Speedweek and sanctioned time trial shows. I really like what I saw from Hagerstown’s schedule and depending on the purse; I think we will be there most Saturday nights. Wherever we race, it will be because of my sponsors. PPM has been so great to me and Curtis Hershey has been with my team building engines for me for well over a decade. I could not do it without them. I am just really looking forward to this year” added DJ.

Keep up-to-date on all official DJ Myers Motorsports news on twitter @djmyers70j.

DJ Myers Motorsports would like to thank all of their Sponsors:
PPM Racing Products, Hershey’s Racing Engines, Myers Construction, Farmers Union Co-op, K.R.S. Graphics, Honey Fly Farms and Walls Wallpapering & Painting along with product sponsorship from ATI Super Damper, Baker Carburetion, Beyea Custom Headers, C-Line Products, Callies Performance Products, Cometic Gaskets, CP Pistons, CV Products, Dyers Top Rods, Falcon Racing Transmissions, Fast Shafts, HTMA, ISKY Cams, Ohlins, PBM Products, SignDesign/Bill Funk, Total Seal Piston Rings, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Winters Performance and Wix Filters.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media