Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:09 am 
Racer
Racer

Lynn Paxton 1980 Williams Grove Speedway, enjoy!

check me out on Facebook too!
Staff photographer for Area Auto Racing News!.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:42 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Great shot Lee! Those were the days of some great battles between Lynn and Smokey. I was always impressed by how hard they raced each other but almost never crashed.

http://www.pbase.com/davidm2/
http://davidm.smugmug.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:59 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Very nice!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:17 pm 
Racer
Racer

Nice shot Lee!

That combo was freaking fast.

Susquehanna Speedway Park pictures are available for purchase at http://luckyshotphotography.net/
All other race photos on zepprox personal site- http://zepplinrox.smugmug.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:49 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Lloyd chassis with Beamer paint :yessss:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:44 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Awesome picture Lee! Do you happen to have any of Barry Camp around that same time(early 80's) you could post? Better yet, how about possibly from the night he won his first ever WG A-Main in the blue Camel Express #26 by holding off a fast-charging Lynn Paxton the last couple of laps? I was a little boy back then and Barry became my hero that night. My dad had taken me to WG that evening and I was hooked after I saw the emotion in victory lane after that win by Barry. It was unreal to a little-league-aged boy. Thanks in advance for your troubles if you look for the photo(s).

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:33 am 
Racer
Racer

iron33 wrote:
Awesome picture Lee! Do you happen to have any of Barry Camp around that same time(early 80's) you could post? Better yet, how about possibly from the night he won his first ever WG A-Main in the blue Camel Express #26 by holding off a fast-charging Lynn Paxton the last couple of laps? I was a little boy back then and Barry became my hero that night. My dad had taken me to WG that evening and I was hooked after I saw the emotion in victory lane after that win by Barry. It was unreal to a little-league-aged boy. Thanks in advance for your troubles if you look for the photo(s).

Mike

Mike,
I've got Camp pictures to post, keep watching, as far the his feature win you're asking about, most likely I was there, just have to find it. Would you know the date of that win?
Lee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:56 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Hi Lee-Thanks for the reply. I do not currently have the date, but have an idea I can find it this evening by looking on the back of a photo from that night my dad took of Barry and me(with blue raspberry-stained lips from a sno-cone) in victory lane. Barry as I recall was wearing that famous Cowboy hat and yucking it up! I'll try to post whether or not I can get the exact date(I'm honestly not even sure of the correct year as I type this but will narrow it down). Man Lynn was right there on him that last lap...wow what a great race!

Thanks again-
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:14 am 
Racer
Racer

iron33 wrote:
Hi Lee-Thanks for the reply. I do not currently have the date, but have an idea I can find it this evening by looking on the back of a photo from that night my dad took of Barry and me(with blue raspberry-stained lips from a sno-cone) in victory lane. Barry as I recall was wearing that famous Cowboy hat and yucking it up! I'll try to post whether or not I can get the exact date(I'm honestly not even sure of the correct year as I type this but will narrow it down). Man Lynn was right there on him that last lap...wow what a great race!

Thanks again-
Mike

sounds good Mike,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:18 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Lee-
I'm sorry but the best I think I can come up with is no actual date, just year. I'm convinced that the win was in the 1981 season. Here is my rationale-Barry had 4 career wins at WG but the first one was sometime with the blue Camel Express #26 with the small top wing(no front wings were being used yet). The#26 was changed to mostly painted maroon starting in 1983 and I think front wings came on the scene in 1982. So it must have been the 1981 season. Long-winded but that is my research. ha ha.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:27 pm 
Racer
Racer

iron33 wrote:
Lee-
I'm sorry but the best I think I can come up with is no actual date, just year. I'm convinced that the win was in the 1981 season. Here is my rationale-Barry had 4 career wins at WG but the first one was sometime with the blue Camel Express #26 with the small top wing(no front wings were being used yet). The#26 was changed to mostly painted maroon starting in 1983 and I think front wings came on the scene in 1982. So it must have been the 1981 season. Long-winded but that is my research. ha ha.

no problem, I'll see what can find.