Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:07 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

stp2237 wrote:
Mark Smith has run non-wing in Indiana several times, there are a few other driver who run with USAC almost every time they come East. I am 66 years old and grew up with non-winged race cars, heck, I watched them run without roll bars until the mid 50's let alone without cages. Don't get me wrong, winged sprints are a lot better than Eastern modifieds, a little better than dirt late models, but nothing is like non-wing sprints. I go out to Indiana for the 500 and have seen local and USAC non-winged sprints run at short tracks, third of a mile tracks and big half miles and without a doubt I think it is the best racing I see during the year. I am sure it would sell in the East, just has to be done correctly. PS. Look how much success ARDC has had since they went non-winged and the success on the 600 micros as non-winged. There are drivers and teams that have experience and there fans that will support this type of racing. It will take time but it will grow.

BINGO :yessss: :yessss:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:16 pm 
Legend
Legend

i do know of one track owner that said he would take a chance on non wing sprints if he could get the comittment from the drivers/teams that there would be enough cars to put on a show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8