Student Pricing

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
User avatar
bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 am

Re: Student Pricing

Post by bmd5229 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Actually students do get discounts at everything with Penn State. Season tickets are very discounted for every sport, all concerts are discounted for the BJC, and many professional sports teams all over have days where college students get in for 5$. The Orioles is one of the teams that on Fridays, if you have valid ID tickets are 5$. :buttkick:
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

racebug
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:29 am

Re: Student Pricing

Post by racebug » Thu May 29, 2014 12:03 am

Well then, I think it would be great if they left the drivers/owners in as Appreciation Night free for one night. Drivers paying to race is like a member of a dance band paying to play.

User avatar
CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am

Re: Student Pricing

Post by CH_88 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:15 am

racebug wrote:Well then, I think it would be great if they left the drivers/owners in as Appreciation Night free for one night. Drivers paying to race is like a member of a dance band paying to play.
Now there's a good idea. Fans always talk about what tracks need to do for them but what about the teams? Don't get me wrong, without us fans, there would be no racing but that goes both ways. I don't know a single fan who would drive to the track every weekend, pay $15 for a ticket if there weren't any race cars there along with the brave individuals who drive them. I am willing to bet that the drivers would show up and race if the were no fans in the stands. I don't think the tracks do enough to show their appreciation for what the teams do. What Lincoln and Hank's performance products has done with manufacturers appreciation night is a great thing and I think it would be great if more tracks would do something like that. Most of the tracks around here do plenty for the fans. Port Royal seems to have something going on almost every week with giveaways and discounts. I'd like to see the tracks give a little more back to the teams.
Way she goes.............

User avatar
JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 862
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Re: Student Pricing

Post by JTR13 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:32 am

Where does it stop too??? I'm 36 years old and go to college, do I qualify for this discount too at my age??? Heck I'm 36, go to college, work a full time job, have a wife and 3 kids plus a mortgage, in my opinion my situation is worse off then the 19-20 year old college students so I think I should get a discounted-discount price!!! :broccoli:
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

User avatar
CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am

Re: Student Pricing

Post by CH_88 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:18 am

JTR13 wrote:Where does it stop too??? I'm 36 years old and go to college, do I qualify for this discount too at my age??? Heck I'm 36, go to college, work a full time job, have a wife and 3 kids plus a mortgage, in my opinion my situation is worse off then the 19-20 year old college students so I think I should get a discounted-discount price!!! :broccoli:
Most college kids think they have it tough but in reality, they have no idea what “tough" is. I have younger friends who went to college and they'd always tell me how hard it was. Of course college presents many difficulties, I'd never argue that, but I always told them that once they get out here in the real world and deal with a$$hole bosses, lazy coworkers and dealing with what it takes to make ends meet, they'd be in for a rude awakening. Now that they're graduated they have told me many times how right I was. I don't know if I could possibly handle all that you have going on. Just my job alone is enough send me off the edge at times. You got my respect :clap:
Way she goes.............

poolguy
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: Student Pricing

Post by poolguy » Thu May 29, 2014 4:51 pm

:cheers2:


Funny stuff here. Students got to decide-----buy beer and cigarettes or go to the races?


Maybe there should be a discount night for people on welfare and unemployment?


:yessss:

User avatar
bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 am

Re: Student Pricing

Post by bmd5229 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:40 pm

So are you stereotyping now?? Didn't realize it was the 18 century. I don't buy beer nor do I smoke, so your argument is invalid. We give them free housing, and food, so why not give them free admission.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:53 am
Location: Posse Soil

Re: Student Pricing

Post by BigRightRear » Fri May 30, 2014 8:49 am

apply for welfare
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

poolguy
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: Student Pricing

Post by poolguy » Sat May 31, 2014 11:40 am

bmd5229 wrote:So are you stereotyping now?? Didn't realize it was the 18 century. I don't buy beer nor do I smoke, so your argument is invalid. We give them free housing, and food, so why not give them free admission.

:thinking:


Sorry...this thread started out by talking about all college students.
Didn't know you changed it to "all about you."

Talking about stereotyping...who is them?
If you are in college, why wasn't one of your first subjects college writing 101?


:cwm4:

User avatar
bkahn67
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:50 am

Re: Student Pricing

Post by bkahn67 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:27 pm

poolguy wrote:
bmd5229 wrote:So are you stereotyping now?? Didn't realize it was the 18 century. I don't buy beer nor do I smoke, so your argument is invalid. We give them free housing, and food, so why not give them free admission.

:thinking:


Sorry...this thread started out by talking about all college students.
Didn't know you changed it to "all about you."

Talking about stereotyping...who is them?
If you are in college, why wasn't one of your first subjects college writing 101?


:cwm4:
I believe he was reffering to welfare recipients when he said "them" as in they get everything else for free why not let "them" into the races free also. at least thats what I read and agree with.

User avatar
bkahn67
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:50 am

Re: Student Pricing

Post by bkahn67 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:32 pm

poolguy wrote::cheers2:


Funny stuff here. Students got to decide-----buy beer and cigarettes or go to the races?


Maybe there should be a discount night for people on welfare and unemployment?


:yessss:
Great idea, more free stuff, a great way to get those on welafare and unemployment to remain on welfare and unemployment.

User avatar
hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4714
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm
Location: 704 Houser St.

Re: Student Pricing

Post by hotrodney » Sat May 31, 2014 3:27 pm

Selinsgrove used to have free admission on pack the track night. I thought it was a great promotion and it's nice to see that many people at the track. However you need a business sponsor to put up the $$.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests