Great Job Kyle Pruitt, Race Fans & Williams Grove

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Jshuster
Rookie
Rookie

Great Job Kyle Pruitt, Race Fans & Williams Grove

Post by Jshuster » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks so much to Kyle, the fans and Williams Grove for the donations collected for the Campbell family. Kyle took the time to organize the collection of donations by the drivers Friday night at the grove for the Campbell family. The generosity of the fans was outstanding and thanks Kathy and the WG management for their generosity in matching the funds collected thru donations and the 50/50 drawing.

It was a privilege for me to be able to go up into the stands with my helmet and take some of the donations so many people gave for this great cause. So many people were putting 5's-10's & 20's in my helmet that I had to keep smashing it down to make room for more. These folks that were giving money are mostly hard working middle class people that work hard for their money and to see so many people reaching into their pockets for their hard earned cash to help a family dealing with such a shocking tragedy is very moving. I'm not sure exactly how much money I had in my helmet but I'm sure it was close to $1000 or even more. There was one little boy who came to me with his last fifty cents and put it in my helmet, shook my hand, gave me a hug and wished me good luck in the feature. That little boy made my night....no matter what happened in the race, just having the opportunity to meet that little boy made me feel so good.....that's why I race. So to all of you who gave, no matter the amount....THANKS !!!!

And to Kathy and the WG staff....Thanks so much for matching the fan's contributions. I don't know what the final tally was but I heard it was over $20000. No amount of money can ever lessen the loss and grief this family is going thru right now but I'm sure this money will lessen the financial burden the Campbell family will have to endure thru Jim's loss. It is outstanding how this racing community has pulled together in this time of loss to help one of their own.

I know I'm not one of the top drivers but we do have tee shirts and sweatshirts available for sale and our family and race team have decided to donate 100% of all our shirt sales for the rest of the year to the Campbell family. So if any of you would like one please see us at the track and whatever you spend on the shirts will all go to this family as well.

tripod16652
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Great Job Kyle Pruitt, Race Fans & Williams Grove

Post by tripod16652 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:32 pm

Jshuster wrote:Thanks so much to Kyle, the fans and Williams Grove for the donations collected for the Campbell family. Kyle took the time to organize the collection of donations by the drivers Friday night at the grove for the Campbell family. The generosity of the fans was outstanding and thanks Kathy and the WG management for their generosity in matching the funds collected thru donations and the 50/50 drawing.

It was a privilege for me to be able to go up into the stands with my helmet and take some of the donations so many people gave for this great cause. So many people were putting 5's-10's & 20's in my helmet that I had to keep smashing it down to make room for more. These folks that were giving money are mostly hard working middle class people that work hard for their money and to see so many people reaching into their pockets for their hard earned cash to help a family dealing with such a shocking tragedy is very moving. I'm not sure exactly how much money I had in my helmet but I'm sure it was close to $1000 or even more. There was one little boy who came to me with his last fifty cents and put it in my helmet, shook my hand, gave me a hug and wished me good luck in the feature. That little boy made my night....no matter what happened in the race, just having the opportunity to meet that little boy made me feel so good.....that's why I race. So to all of you who gave, no matter the amount....THANKS !!!!

And to Kathy and the WG staff....Thanks so much for matching the fan's contributions. I don't know what the final tally was but I heard it was over $20000. No amount of money can ever lessen the loss and grief this family is going thru right now but I'm sure this money will lessen the financial burden the Campbell family will have to endure thru Jim's loss. It is outstanding how this racing community has pulled together in this time of loss to help one of their own.

I know I'm not one of the top drivers but we do have tee shirts and sweatshirts available for sale and our family and race team have decided to donate 100% of all our shirt sales for the rest of the year to the Campbell family. So if any of you would like one please see us at the track and whatever you spend on the shirts will all go to this family as well.
Great post, it amazes me how the racing family sticks together, it don't matter whether it's drivers, fans, car owners or track personnel it makes me feel good to be part of it. The first thing I'm going to do when I get to the Grove next week is buy one of your shirts, big name or not I respect all of you guys and what you do.

Anthony Corini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Anthony Corini » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Jshuster wrote:Thanks so much to Kyle, the fans and Williams Grove for the donations collected for the Campbell family. Kyle took the time to organize the collection of donations by the drivers Friday night at the grove for the Campbell family. The generosity of the fans was outstanding and thanks Kathy and the WG management for their generosity in matching the funds collected thru donations and the 50/50 drawing.

I don't think anyone could word it any better. You just gained a fan right here.

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Wish I would have waited to buy your shirt next time Im at the Grove instead of buying it 3 weeks ago. :laughing7:

Awesome job by Kyle and Kristina Chambers for putting this together and walking around all night making sure they got everything they could for the Campbell family. Awesome to see the racing community cone together like they did last night.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

sprntlover
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sprntlover » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:38 pm

Very well said Jim. I was collecting in the infield and I had a big container and I also had to smash it down twice so people could put more in. I also want to thank Kyle and Kristina and all the drivers and volunteers that helped collect. And thank you to Kathy for matching what was collected. And also thanks to those who donated.

We are all one big racing family and I am proud to say that.
Editing Is A Rewording Activity

pell021
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by pell021 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:00 am

Well said, Jim. Sums it all up perfectly.
Race Count 2016

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"